Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gretsch Malcolm Young II natural - SOLD!

Finally clearing some room in the gear closet, as hard as it is for me to let anything go.  I have some other smaller items for sale too.

Because I am such a Mal fanatic, I ended up with THREE Gretsch MY guitars and that's just ri-damn-diculous so I'm letting this one go.  I'm keeping a red MYII and the later "pickup holes" MY for use in my AC/DC tribute band.  As you can see this is the 2-pickup model in natural, and it's in like new condition.  The plastic parts still have the protective film on them and the case still has its hangtags.  The original strap screw/pins have been reinstalled.  These Gretsch MY guitars have the Malcolm grunt/clang tone DOWN.  I'll try to answer any questions you may have. 

IMG_20190823_120232828.jpg

1110201137.jpg

1110201138_HDR.jpg

1110201138a_HDR.jpg

1110201142a_HDR.jpg

1110201141.jpg

On 8/28/2021 at 6:33 AM, tommy p said:

Finally clearing some room in the gear closet, as hard as it is for me to let anything go.  I have some other smaller items for sale too.

Because I am such a Mal fanatic, I ended up with THREE Gretsch MY guitars and that's just ri-damn-diculous so I'm letting this one go.  I'm keeping a red MYII and the later "pickup holes" MY for use in my AC/DC tribute band.  As you can see this is the 2-pickup model in natural, and it's in like new condition.  The plastic parts still have the protective film on them and the case still has its hangtags.  The original strap screw/pins have been reinstalled.  These Gretsch MY guitars have the Malcolm grunt/clang tone DOWN.  I'll try to answer any questions you may have. 

IMG_20190823_120232828.jpg

1110201137.jpg

1110201138_HDR.jpg

1110201138a_HDR.jpg

1110201142a_HDR.jpg

1110201141.jpg

Super cool axe, I’ll bet it makes the stack quack!

Im curious about the wiring scheme— is it a Volume for each pickup below the bridge, master tone at the lower cutaway and on/off for each pickup? 

2 hours ago, topekatj said:

Im curious about the wiring scheme— is it a Volume for each pickup below the bridge, master tone at the lower cutaway and on/off for each pickup? 

It looks like the same setup as my PowerJet: Two volumes, One master volume, pickup selector and, “mud” switch,  which has treble roll-off capacitors up and down. The mud switch gets a lot of shade thrown at it, but not from me. You can get some great rockabilly sounds and an almost passable jazz tone. I dig Japan Gretsch guitars. 

8 hours ago, RobB said:

It looks like the same setup as my PowerJet: Two volumes, One master volume, pickup selector and, “mud” switch,  which has treble roll-off capacitors up and down. The mud switch gets a lot of shade thrown at it, but not from me. You can get some great rockabilly sounds and an almost passable jazz tone. I dig Japan Gretsch guitars. 

Yep, that's the setup.

23 hours ago, Drew816 said:

Do NOT put a pickguard on it, it's a sin against all that is natural!  😉

Great guitars, good luck with your sale. 

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

I'll put TWO pickguards on it!!

Malcolm's guitar did go through some awkward phases on its way to becoming The Beast we all know and love.

There was the "add another pickup" phase, and the "oops, don't like the extra pickup.  Now what do I do?" phase.

images.jpg

index.jpg

8 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Can't wait until it arrives.  And there will be no pickguard.  Thanks Tommy.

Ha!  I was just going to post "$old pending payment" but you beat me to it!  Pleasure doing business with you.

I'll have it boxed and ready for shipping tomorrow, drilled and pickguard(s) added at no extra charge.  You're welcome!

21 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Can't wait until it arrives.  And there will be no pickguard.  Thanks Tommy.

Thank you for helping to keep me from doing something reckless right now. Congrats!

ETA: And dibs!

• tommy p changed the title to Gretsch Malcolm Young II natural - SOLD!

Archived