Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Post your Hamer Junior !! lets see them

neastguy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VibroSpeakers_2458.JPG

The first one. My daughter was 10 at the time (she's 25! now). This one went thru the bandsaw due to a crack a the bottom of the truss rod nut route. Apparently it gets really thin there with the thinner BCR headstock. Oops. Sucked because the neck was (otherwise) perfect.

It's replacement gets plenty of use:

DSCN5537.JPG

DSCN5539.JPG

26 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

So, how did that replacement process go down? Did Hamer actually say "Our bad" and let you have a new one without the neck defect?

I felt a little bad about that. I was asked if it was acceptable. The way that guitar felt, I almost said yes. It was such a small (maybe an inch) hairline crack that 99% of normal people wouldn't have noticed. But it was a new guitar - how could I keep it with a factory crack in it? I had to wait, but they didn't kick one bit as far as building another one.

I have alway's wanted a Jr. I got to play a friends Gibson jr in high school nearly 60 years ago and have never forgotten it. I recently bumped into him and he regrettably had sold it. A Hamer Jr would be fantastic!!! You all are very lucky Jr owners and I'm jealous!!

30 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

I have alway's wanted a Jr. I got to play a friends Gibson jr in high school nearly 60 years ago and have never forgotten it.

Same kinda deal - I couldn't get a '58 out of my head after selling it in the early '80s. The sound it made was fantastic.

The fat neck, feather weight and Murkat-tweaked pickup makes the Hamer better than the original IMO. The originals were a bit crude (part of their appeal) while the Hamer is more refined. And Jay absolutely nailed the pickup, so it's really the best of both worlds. Am I bragging? Fuck yeah. B)

LOVES me some Hamer Juniors. They’re on my short list of guitars to try (and likely own) before I die. Thanks for the pics, guys. 

Archived