Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Another "sparkleberry :)" PSA Cali limited Edition

Very cool!.......................... not anywhere near a expert to say if the price is in the range for one of these or not.......................no idea how many of  the "CALI" Elites with these appointments made it out the door. There ARE good people in Russia, I have several good friends who live  there but........................it's a long way from there to here in the USA and distances like these would make me nervous even with a great seller. On the other hand nothing ventured nothing gained..................... "SHARK" just bought a crazy cool Gibson Les Paul Quilt Top from Singapore that I would have to believe eclipsed this guitars asking price by quite a bit so it can be done.

Can I ask if a couple details look off to you?

Tone Pot on an 1989. My 89 Cali Elite and all 89's I've seen do not have one. 

Number under serial (I understand normally limited run count but when did Hamer start that?)

The Fender style metal plug in neck for angle adjustment without a device on body to adjust it.

Copper foil in electronics cavity. I understand it is shielding but I've never seen it on a Hamer.

Could this be a Vegas Roman guitar or really good K.O.?

I'm not saying there is anything wrong but these things caught my eye.

Thanks,

M

Everything about that guitar is 100% legit Hamer - apart from the changed bits the seller points out: swapped pickups, changed out Floyd, pot replacement and copper shielding foil (totally unnecessary on that guitar).  I’ve seen plenty from that dealer (AL&M) run from 1989.  Zero questions.

The reverse headstock and tone pot were standard on this run, and were spec’d out by the dealer.  Hamer has done that secondary headstock numbering several other times for limited runs a nothing odd there.

Finally, the Truss Rod anchor is not an adjustable piece like a Micro-Tilt unit. It’s simply the terminus of the truss rod.

8 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Finally, the Truss Rod anchor is not an adjustable piece like a Micro-Tilt unit. It’s simply the terminus of the truss rod.

Both of my Cali Elites have those. I don't remember the Cali Standard I had having it though.

9 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Everything about that guitar is 100% legit Hamer - apart from the changed bits the seller points out: swapped pickups, changed out Floyd, pot replacement and copper shielding foil (totally unnecessary on that guitar).  I’ve seen plenty from that dealer (AL&M) run from 1989.  Zero questions.

The reverse headstock and tone pot were standard on this run, and were spec’d out by the dealer.  Hamer has done that secondary headstock numbering several other times for limited runs a nothing odd there.

Yup. Having had a few of these over the years ;) , the LE's (Limited Editions) featured everything @cmatthes pointed out and was part of the appeal to me over the Elite models. 

Here's one I recently sold off, more or less unscathed all original save for new SS frets and Schaller tremolo system.

IMG_1183.jpeg

22 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

My thoughts exactly. That price might make more sense if it was in rubles.

The color is more like THIS actual Kool-Aid flavor I found online while I was trying to torture this "Sparkleberry" gag into another week:

sharkleberry.jpeg.516ff5d2ccdf921667168ed98a77ff6f.jpeg

I'm going to have to come with a color called The Great Bluedini.

81n+VTsP07L._SY445_.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

That FB changes colors too when the lights hit it.

I had that one done in 2006, I don't think you were painting then yet or I'd have had you do it.

It was supposed to be black with the micro-sparkles that made it change under stage lighting, but the guy fucked up the order.

Holoflake is fun. Yeah in 06 I was working for a small builder and would occasionally get something through for a Matthes. 😄

That Sully I based it with a blue/purple chameleon paint and then hit it with a mix of blue and purple flake. I wish I had video of it, still pics don't get it.

5 hours ago, scottcald said:

Will you make delivery and bust through a wall screaming "oh yeah!"?  🤣

Reminded me of my wedding reception- my wife did that, busting thru a set of vertical blinds coming from a balcony into the ballroom, in her wedding dress, in a dive roll, finishing with "OH YEAH!'.

The crowd went wild. 

5 hours ago, Stike said:

Holoflake is fun. Yeah in 06 I was working for a small builder and would occasionally get something through for a Matthes. 😄

That Sully I based it with a blue/purple chameleon paint and then hit it with a mix of blue and purple flake. I wish I had video of it, still pics don't get it.

I may have something on deck for ya if you need to reshoot that video…

22 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Thanks, answered my questions!

I'm definitely not as knowledgeable about Hamers as most people here.

Thanks for your help.

Archived