Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This Phantom doesn't look right.

mathman

It looks “Custom”

Custom vomit green color with headstock stripes.

Custom wiring.

Custom knobs.

Custom truss rod cover, because it says custom (so it must be custom)

and last, but not least, Custom price.  
I wonder is there is Custom shipping and handling.

and, it’s perfect for the right Customer.  😎

393BD61B-72D9-4578-861A-D6FD483AEB90.png

Either the stripes or the Hamer decal are not straight…looks like the decal to me. 
I’m glad he likes it, cause at that price, he’ll be buried with it. 

16 hours ago, kizanski said:

I never saw a Phantom that looked right to begin with, so this one looks very unremarkable.  

Yeah, what's with that. The Scarab and Eclipse are downright handsome by comparison. The Pea Vomit Green really doesn't help.

At least they saved the serial number?

But holy hell that color is butt ugly, and I can FEEL the orange peel on that paint through the computer. WHY would someone do that?

We can only hope that they just threw covers on the pickups, and didn't ditch the original pickup, but that would be too hopeful.  "UPgraded wiring"? From HAMER wiring? Not bloody likely.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, kizanski said:

I never saw a Phantom (or Blitz or Vector for that matter) with a 3+3 paddle  headstock that looked right to begin with, so this one looks very unremarkable.  

FIFY

2 hours ago, mathman said:

I think it was the back shot with the way the heel painted the heel that looked wrong. 

I think something's amiss with the bridge location. Look for the bottom of the pickup ring. It's all bridge and no ring; the bridge trem block is not aligned with the access hole in backplate properly either. This guitar is a fucking turd circus.

It turns out that Fender has a similar color, 'antique olive', in their color 'palette'.  DGS Milwaukee has a used 2017 American Professional Strat in that color currently (no affiliation).  IMO it looks better than the Phantom, but that's not saying much: <_<

https://davesguitar.com/products/fender/american-professional-strat-antique-olive-17-milwaukee-608-790-9816/

5 minutes ago, crunchee said:

It turns out that Fender has a similar color, 'antique olive', in their color 'palette'.  DGS Milwaukee has a used 2017 American Professional Strat in that color currently (no affiliation).  IMO it looks better than the Phantom, but that's not saying much: <_<

https://davesguitar.com/products/fender/american-professional-strat-antique-olive-17-milwaukee-608-790-9816/

And the bridge is in the right place too for a third of the price.

I've actually like the phantom shape, reminds me of the Cruise Bass but pointier/ more pointy/ pointificationally higher.  Not sure how to describe it but that one just looked strange to me.  Now I see the shape isn't really changed but the color scheme really fuchs it up.

Archived