Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamers and Robin for sale or trade / WEEKEND PRICE REDUCTIONS

Looking to find a Standard or Explorer (rather have a standard) and, as usual, I have some stuff to sell first. Also willing to trade.

Here's what I got:

GIT#1 / '96 Custom Archtop B&C in good condition with OHSC. Has various and numerous scratches and nicks that aren't real visible until you get the right reflections. Neck is a nice medium carve (not thin). Plays and sounds great. The top is way flamier in person than I could catch in the pics.

20210904_175027.jpg

20210904_175058.jpg

GIT#2 / '95 Hamer Studio with wraparound TP in good condition with various/numerous scratches and nicks. This guitar is dark blue FM in the right light but appears close to black at a glance most of the time. Also has a nice medium carve neck. Not exactly sure what the pickups are being they're both zebra. Plays and sounds great. Comes with OHSC

20210904_175807.jpg

20210904_175846.jpg

GIT#3 / Robin USA made Archtop Avalon (not sure the exact model) with WCR Darkburst pickups in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. It has a clear (tinted?) mat finish. Comes with OHSC. Plays and sound great.

20210904_180305.jpg20210904_180350.jpg

20210904_180403.jpg20210904_180318.jpg20210904_180329.jpg20210904_180409.jpg

Prices for sale are:

**WEEKEND REDUCTIONS (one and only):

GIT#1     1799.00 plus shipping   / SOLD

Git#2     1299.00  plus shipping / now $1199

GIT#3.   1699.00 plus shipping / SOLD

***These are on Reverb at higher prices. Will be dropping prices there on Monday

Still open to trade offers for a USA Standard (any model) or an explorer (either Gibson or Japanese copy) in at least good condition.   

31 minutes ago, woodpile said:

GIT#3 / Robin USA made Archtop Avalon (not sure the exact model) with WCR Darkburst pickups in very good condition with some scratches and nicks. It has a clear (tinted?) mat finish. Comes with OHSC. Plays and sound great.

That's a 2003 Avalon Classic, I believe.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:23 PM, woodpile said:

Here's what I got:

GIT#1 / '96 Custom Archtop B&C in good condition with OHSC. Has various and numerous scratches and nicks that aren't real visible until you get the right reflections. Neck is a nice medium carve (not thin). Plays and sounds great. The top is way flamier in person than I could catch in the pics.

GIT#2 / '95 Hamer Studio with wraparound TP in good condition with various/numerous scratches and nicks. This guitar is dark blue FM in the right light but appears close to black at a glance most of the time. Also has a nice medium carve neck. Not exactly sure what the pickups are being they're both zebra. Plays and sounds great. Comes with OHSC

No P-90 Duotones?

On 9/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, The Shark said:

I have sixteen Robins.  There won't be any more of 'em and that's a good price.  

I coulda sworn that it was mentioned here on the HFC a few years ago that they were gonna start making Robin guitars again...or did Covid put a stop to that as well? :(

4 hours ago, crunchee said:

I coulda sworn that it was mentioned here on the HFC a few years ago that they were gonna start making Robin guitars again...or did Covid put a stop to that as well? :(

Look.  I'll be perfectly honest.  I called Dave, when that news "hit".  I'm in with Dan Kashola, Darren, and some of the other former Robin Forum regulars.  They all contacted me about Dave Wintz offering one at a time custom Robin guitars.  I had Dave's number.  So, I called.

I should provide some context to this first.  My good friend Greg spec'd out a Robin Artisan (only a few were ever made in Houston) in Korina with a killer quilted maple top, Brazillian board and block inlays in burnt orange.  I was getting ready to send a down payment on the custom order when Dave called Greg to tell him he was done. 

So, years later I'm on the phone with the man thinking I could spec out a great custom guitar that I'd pay too much for.  Kiz will tell you that I'm known to do that.  But it just didn't materialize.

Dave told me that there would be no crown inlays.  There would be no bound fingergoard.  And he didn't want to do the burnt orange finish that I likened to Erlewine Automatics that I've known and love.  Basically, he didn't want to build the guitar I wanted.  

I don't know of and have not seen a guitar built since then.  That was about three years ago.

The price for what I didn't want was 6K plus shipping.  

12 hours ago, The Shark said:

Look.  I'll be perfectly honest.  I called Dave, when that news "hit".  I'm in with Dan Kashola, Darren, and some of the other former Robin Forum regulars.  They all contacted me about Dave Wintz offering one at a time custom Robin guitars.  I had Dave's number.  So, I called.

I should provide some context to this first.  My good friend Greg spec'd out a Robin Artisan (only a few were ever made in Houston) in Korina with a killer quilted maple top, Brazillian board and block inlays in burnt orange.  I was getting ready to send a down payment on the custom order when Dave called Greg to tell him he was done. 

So, years later I'm on the phone with the man thinking I could spec out a great custom guitar that I'd pay too much for.  Kiz will tell you that I'm known to do that.  But it just didn't materialize.

Dave told me that there would be no crown inlays.  There would be no bound fingergoard.  And he didn't want to do the burnt orange finish that I likened to Erlewine Automatics that I've known and love.  Basically, he didn't want to build the guitar I wanted.  

I don't know of and have not seen a guitar built since then.  That was about three years ago.

The price for what I didn't want was 6K plus shipping.  

That sucks.

Tell you what, I'll throw these in for free if you buy mine.

iu.jpegiu-2.jpeg

• woodpile changed the title to Hamers and Robin for sale or trade / WEEKEND PRICE REDUCTIONS
9 minutes ago, woodpile said:

Trouble maker. Hey, do you have another mahogany standard you can trade me? Like an idjit I let the last one go.

I only have one Standard, but you wouldn't be interested in something like that...

DSC_2423.JPG

14 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I only have one Standard, but you wouldn't be interested in something like that...

DSC_2423.JPG

Damn....that's a real stiffy maker. How bout any 2 of mine plus a Dirty Honey hat for that?

2 minutes ago, woodpile said:

Damn....that's a real stiffy maker. How bout any 2 of mine plus a Dirty Honey hat for that?

Can't, Woody.
When and if I decide to sell it, I first have to torture @The Shark for a few weeks before permitting him to force a wheelbarrow full of money on me.

What size dirty money hat?

22 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Can't, Woody.
When and if I decide to sell it, I first have to torture @The Shark for a few weeks before permitting him to force a wheelbarrow full of money on me.

What size dirty money hat?

I understand...I like torturing and wheelbarrows full of money too.

Not sure about the hat size but it fits on a monkey shoulder

20210910_124330.jpg

On 9/11/2021 at 9:02 PM, JGale said:

How would you describe the neck carve and is it chambered?

THX.

Sorry to ask, but which guitar? One of mine or Kizmos Standard? All of mine are solid and have, imo, medium C carves with slight variations.

The Avalon Classics were chambered, but that wasn't set in stone.
Of course, this guitar could be an Avalon Standard, but they didn't usually have figured tops. 
In either case Woody's description is gospel, as far as I'm concerned.  

You can't go wrong buying/selling with him.

Archived