Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jimi’s Most impactful?

diablo175

17 minutes ago, hamerican gigolo said:

Were you born a prodigious Richard, or is it something you've worked on your whole life??? 

If your definition of "being a dick" means I don't buy into people's moronic theories, then I guess I had to work at it.  

Maybe you were born a dick, but like I said, we're two different people.  

It seemed to me that Jimi was moving to a funk-rock direction. The 70s was the decade of funk and I think he may have embraced that genre heavily.

Hendrix liked to groove and can you imagine his incendiary guitar over some disco grooves? Who knows what would have transpired?

On 9/9/2021 at 8:27 AM, kizanski said:

If you look at the direction in which Jimi seemed to be headed, he was looking to make a departure from the whole blues/guitar-centric genre, or at least turn it into something less so than he had been creating. 
I've always felt that his legend was saved by him dying in the Rock Star way that he did.  He could have very well stuck around too long, like Muhammad Ali, leaving his fans to wonder, "Why is he doing this?" 

I think if you read the signs, he was going to eventually wear out his welcome.  And this is coming from someone who always knelt at the Hendrix altar, so it pains me to say it. 

Faith No More has some lyrics in a song called "Star A.D." that makes me think of folks like Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, and other rock icons who die young every time I hear them.  

"And when you die
You'll become something worse than dead
You'll become
A legend"

We have this tendency to make up the rest of the story as lost glory, but every rock star whose output went on to disappoint you - which is most of them sooner or later - was one who didn't die. 

And I'm not saying it's better that they died at all, but I tend to think the vast majority of them would have fallen far short of the fantasy that has been created for them had they lived.   

1 hour ago, LucSulla said:

We have this tendency to make up the rest of the story as lost glory, but every rock star whose output went on to disappoint you - which is most of them sooner or later - was one who didn't die. 

Totally agree.  

On 9/13/2021 at 9:20 AM, Jakeboy said:

It seemed to me that Jimi was moving to a funk-rock direction. The 70s was the decade of funk and I think he may have embraced that genre heavily.

Hendrix liked to groove and can you imagine his incendiary guitar over some disco grooves? Who knows what would have transpired?

He was going to join the Grateful Dead.

Archived