Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale, live in Denmark 2006

hamerhead

Jeezus, I was weeping openly by the time that ended. What a great arrangement.

Gary Brooker IS Procol Harum, of course. One of the most "distinctively passionate" voices in music history. Thank you for posting this.

Apparently the concert is no longer available on CD; I'm a huge fan of Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra  (1971) as well their orchestral studio arrangements. Regret this one got by me. 

1 hour ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

Gary Brooker IS Procol Harum, of course. One of the most "distinctively passionate" voices in music history.

His voice is fantastic. I started watching this wondering if he could pull it off. Holy cow - I guess so! Blew me away.

Many years ago (and for the longest time) I thought this was a Steve Winwood/Blind Faith/Traffic song because, well, with the organ and the vocal similarities it's plausible, right?

36 minutes ago, JGale said:

Shit. Now I have that organ riff trotting it self out at odd moments during the day. Thank you I guess.

Ha! I was playing along with it. Been doing a lot of that lately when something catchy comes on. Drives my wife kind of crazy too when I pause a movie. 

No description available.

This version is pretty cool, too, and I'd never heard it before. Props to the backups singers. They seem to be mixed with a bit more volume than usual but methinks Joe still holds his own. Another song that Cocker could do justice to with a unique performance.

Then there's this homemade but decent video from 2018, 12 years after the Denmark show. The brief allusions to "When a Man Loves a Woman" and "No Woman, No Cry" are a lot of fun.

And Brooker was 73 years old and still had the pipes. Got-Taw-Mitey...

JGale was right: Here it is almost two weeks later and the anchor melody is still bouncing around inside my cranium more than once a day. There's also this melody:

Archived