Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sometimes the light hits it just right....

Hamer used to pay a premium to retain the right to reject/downgrade anything.  Actually Frank U was pretty good at picking tops.

it didn’t matter what the supplier called them - we only bought AAA and AAAA but regraded everything once it arrived in the shop.  Massive supply.  I think Frank viewed that inventory like it was a wine cellar.  We had our own kiln too!

On more than one occasion (right after the move to CT) I can remember Dave and I rejecting so many pieces they finally just allowed us to go to the supplier to pick what we want ….

On 9/19/2021 at 6:18 AM, mirrorimij said:

Hamer used to pay a premium to retain the right to reject/downgrade anything.  Actually Frank U was pretty good at picking tops.

it didn’t matter what the supplier called them - we only bought AAA and AAAA but regraded everything once it arrived in the shop.  Massive supply.  I think Frank viewed that inventory like it was a wine cellar.  We had our own kiln too!

On more than one occasion (right after the move to CT) I can remember Dave and I rejecting so many pieces they finally just allowed us to go to the supplier to pick what we want ….

Thanks for that info. I often wondered why the "lower end" Hamer's still had such great tops..

On 9/18/2021 at 6:09 PM, pirateflynn said:

My very first Hamer! The one that started it all. Bought it from Makin Music in North Hollywood, mid 90s.

The only difference is mine had exposed coils. 

Beautiful .. thanks for posting. 

Thank you. I lucked out on this one. I bought it when it was about 5 years old, and it had factory gold hardware. I owned a guitar shop at the time, and had Dave at Rio Grande pickups wind me some Texas Buckers and put gold covers on them...

Archived