Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Pickup Under Way

BoogieMKIIA

Josh is ready to wind a new bridge pickup for my Les Paul. Double ivory bobbins, wound a wee bit on the hot side. His neck pickup has worked out very well and I’m sure the new bridge pu will be sweet.

If you are thinking about a new pickup, you know who to call.

Wind is slightly offset to the screw side, 9.1K. UA5 magnet. This was per consult with Josh, I was wanting to get some tubbiness out of the bridge position in my rig. We expect it to match well with the neck pickup he wound for me a while back - 7.8K with A2 magnet and offset wind to the slug side.

i have a gig tomorrow but know better than to work on a guitar last minute. Lots more gigs coming up to give it a shakedown cruise.

New pickup is installed! Really sings with distortion, just a little edge clean that is easily tamed by the volume pot or amp front end, if you want. Not much playing time yet. Would say compared to the Pearly Gates it is a bit fuller, more even and a little louder. Can get pinch harmonics easily yet not to bright to my ears. Good response to volume and tone controls on the guitar.

In a word, fantastic!

Here it is in the Les Paul. Looking forward to playing out and see what it does at volume.

A85B193E-4DE9-436E-BB67-20AF3F458802.jpeg

Archived