Hamer Fan Club Message Center

How many Silver Newports?

Question

I was informed that there were very few Hamer Newports finished in Silver. That really surprises me, it's a beautiful paint job on a beautiful guitar.

Any one have info on the relative scarcity?

@Jakeboy alerted me to this, I had no idea! 

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

I had no idea there were any Newports in silver. Were they the sparkle silver like the Vanguards or a flat silver? I feel like I need to see one now. Any pics…?  

• Like 2

Same finish as the Vanguard.  I know of one that was a custom order, and if there was more than a couple, I’d be surprised.  They only did the sparkle Silver and Orange (and a few Blue) finishes for a couple years.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Travis said:

I had no idea there were any Newports in silver. Were they the sparkle silver like the Vanguards or a flat silver? I feel like I need to see one now. Any pics…?  

I will get pics.

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Same finish as the Vanguard.  I know of one that was a custom order, and if there was more than a couple, I’d be surprised.  They only did the sparkle Silver and Orange (and a few Blue) finishes for a couple years.

Blue ones, wow, that blows my mind!!

• Like 2

The silver is really nice (now more champagne color), has a subtle sparkle.

Reminds me of my moms 1968 Alfa Romeo Spider she had when we were kids, however the Newport is more reliable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Yeah, I think I need to see pics of a sparkle silver Newport. I’m feeling the saliva build as I think about it. Always had a soft spot for the sparkle silver finishes. My first pro level guitar I ever got was my Charvel 650xl in “platinum” finish which I still have. Would be a trip to see a Newport in something similar…

699B3AF5-94D7-4AFA-B0AE-AE801EA80191.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0054 said:

I will get pics.

Blue ones, wow, that blows my mind!!

I don’t believe that they ever shot a Blue Sparkle Newport, but rather that was one of the very few sparkle finishes that they offered in New Hartford.  A couple of those finishes were used on Ovations, so there was some crossover.  The sparkle finishes were discontinued after a relatively short period because the particles/flakes wound up in other finishes.   
Imagine struggling with an opaque white finish on an expensive custom order, have it pass QC and get shipped out, then hear that the customer is unhappy because he detected a micro flake in the neck joint…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I don’t believe that they ever shot a Blue Sparkle Newport, but rather that was one of the very few sparkle finishes that they offered in New Hartford.  A couple of those finishes were used on Ovations, so there was some crossover.  The sparkle finishes were discontinued after a relatively short period because the particles/flakes wound up in other finishes.   
Imagine struggling with an opaque white finish on an expensive custom order, have it pass QC and get shipped out, then hear that the customer is unhappy because he detected a micro flake in the neck joint…

Over spray inside mine! Its cool!

Edited by 0054

There is more than one in silver sparkle, but I refuse to tell you how I know. The one Rodi owns is my old one, I bought it form a seller out of Florida. Its not like I never posted an image of it before. I fully intended on getting a Newport minus the Bigsby, but it just never came to fruition. 

Champagne in color, but it's a great guitar upgraded to G-Trons, really makes it something else!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 0054 said:

Champagne in color, but it's a great guitar upgraded to G-Trons, really makes it something else!

Soundclip please! Or it did not happen. 😄

• Like 1

The Litigation from the American School of the Deaf* has yet to be settled.

* Making fun of my guitar skillscand me, not any deaf folk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2