Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bad Gig Face

woodpile

13 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

I don't have any pics that really demonstrate my guitar face, thank god.  I know from video that it is firmly attached to both my wah pedal and the whammy bar.  Neither of those things happen, ESPECIALLY dive bombs, without my whole face getting involved. 

Yes, I think it might be a law.  

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Ahegao would be a good band name.

A Chinese company has trademarked the word in the US, though it's supposedly being contested.  From Wikipedia (see link above):

The Chinese company Shenzhen Guangcai Trading filed a trademark registration for the term "Ahegao" in September 2018 and got approved by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on 23 April 2019.[13] On 27 July 2020, Jacob Grady, the CEO of Fakku, announced to contest the trademark registration and accused Shenzhen Guangcai Trading of using stolen artwork.[14]

I'm not sure I'd want to face an entire audience making that face--either me or them.  :rolleyes:

Here’s a thread I can contribute to.  I’m not sure if this was total concentration or just me struggling to remember the complex chord progression of Blitzkrieg Bop. 

4C8D3432-E12A-4A79-B44E-366040B975BB.jpeg

21 minutes ago, HamerHokie said:

My alma mater's former football coach had some of the best gig faces ever:

frank-beamer-face-georgia-tech.jpg

So did my alma mater's former football coach...but usually only after grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

19eA7D.So.156.JPG

On 9/18/2021 at 4:51 PM, BadgerDave said:

Here’s a thread I can contribute to.  I’m not sure if this was total concentration or just me struggling to remember the complex chord progression of Blitzkrieg Bop. 

4C8D3432-E12A-4A79-B44E-366040B975BB.jpeg

That is one fine looking guitar!!!

On 9/17/2021 at 5:51 PM, woodpile said:

Anybody else suffer from bad gig face?

Saddest thing is this is one of the better ones. I have others that are down right frightening.

They should be frightening. That is the whole point of a gig face. I say congratulations to your success in the evil gigface department. 🤬 👿

Archived