Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Future “In Memoriam” member

ceeb

Everything I type seems cliche. I wish you a much longer time continued here on this plane. If not May it at least be a comfortable time. Lot of brotherly love here for you as you can see. Thank you for the honest posting and sharing. 

I admire your courage to face cancer head-on and to realize that while you'll still fight it to the end, you must still prepare for a fate what awaits all mortals.  When my time comes, I hope I can address it with the grace and resolve you've shown in this post.   Says a lot about your character and your soul.  Stay strong.

My mind is going 1,000 miles an hour and I still can't think of the "right" words to say; I don't suppose there are any.  Even having had a life-threatening disease myself, I have a hard time imagining how I would have felt had it NOT been very treatable.  I sincerely hope the rest of your time with friends and family is as happy and filled with love as it can be, and your final journey painless.  All the good vibes I can muster coming your way. 

I’ve read this post a few times over the last couple of hours trying to think of the right thing to say. Can’t find it because all of them seem insufficient. I admire your courage and dedication to taking care of your family by getting things in order. That will be a gigantic burden off them. With all that has to be going through your mind, you are standing tall in my eyes. Salute. 

I understand exactly. Been fighting throat cancer 1.5 years.  Now in my lungs and aggressive. No longer getting treatment except pain. I’m selling my gear off.  I pray you are comfortable and with family. 
I spent a lot of time here years ago, but kind of fell away. It’s a great forum

blessings, Steve Stallings

ceeb and SteveE9C6, heartbroken to read what you’re going through. I have no idea what I’ll be like at the end, assuming I’ll even know when the end is coming. But I’m trying to cultivate an outlook that I first heard Roger Ebert articulate: I felt no pain or distress for the billions of years that I didn’t exist before I was born, so why should I fear my impending return to non-existence? Life is a beautiful privilege, and so much of the beauty is tied up in the fact that it’s not forever. Cherish your friends and loved ones, and I hope we all find joy and peace in the days we have left.

Ceeb and @Steve E9C6,

I kind of don't know what to say other than I'm sorry for what you have to go through and kudos for accepting it as best you can. My particular killer is slow and sneaky.  Sometimes I think I'd rather have it move in a definite, more predictable way.  The treatment is not a cure, only a case of arrested development.  It works until it doesn't.  Along the way it gives me symptoms of all kinds of stuff that are the traditional bugaboos of us oldsters.  But, in here, I'm the same old me.

I'm beginning to get organized about selling the kids off or otherwise disposing of them so Most Esteemed Redhead doesn't have to deal with it.  A particularly rare and wonderful pair I had intended to leave to a dear friend, well, he slid into home a few years ago.  I ramble.

Mostly what I wanted to say is: Hold on to your dignity.  And your sense of humor if you can.  I'm sure that you've been through a lot that certainly qualifies as undignified, demeaning, even. I know I have.  Never forget that you are a whole, complete, valid human being, regardless of how other folks "out there" view you.  Use humor when you can to remind others of that.  You are always our Hamer-pickin' quick-witted "old friends we haven't met".

I wish you a smooth road, surrounded by love.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, ceeb said:

Diagnosed with esophageal cancer in November. Treated with chemo radiation and surgery, was on an immunotherapy treatment to prevent reoccurrence but it’s back in my liver and a couple lymph nodes now.  I’ll probably try a few rounds of chemo but I’m not holding out much hope as this is a very aggressive cancer. 

I’ve been a long term member here since around just after HFC open house one ( or the one where they introduced the 25th anni.  My first Hamer)

I’m OK. I am trying to sort out who will get some of these heirloom quality guitars.  My nephew plays so I invited him to get first dibs, though I really want him to have the 25th and my Valvetech. 

that’s all for now.  

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. I am profoundly saddened by this and even though we have never met I wish that i could do something, anything to fix you. Name it and if I can do it, it will be done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 1:04 PM, BTMN said:

Everything I type seems cliche. I wish you a much longer time continued here on this plane. If not May it at least be a comfortable time. Lot of brotherly love here for you as you can see. Thank you for the honest posting and sharing. 

Gene beat me to it.  Fight as hard as you need to but enjoy the time you've got. 👍

Archived