Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD: Seafoam curse strikes again.

Montelovesco

This is one of the things you think you do not need, but when they come along - oh my. This T-62 popped up on ebay Germany a few months ago. It took some time to make its way here, and came just in time to be a slightly delayed birthday present to myself.  Probably a little overpriced me thinks in the meantime, but hey, it is SEAFOAM (and I am a sucker for that as some of you know; maybe I should change my username).

Plays wonderful, great condition for a guitar w/ nearly 30 yrs on its back. Case and candy all in,  great neck wood, and Fender Custom 54 PU set on it, which seems to be a bonus to me. But the original PUs are included - any recommendations (back in or stay with the Fenders)?

I never thought I‘d be friend with a strat type guitar, but this pone, combined with the Lovepedal Deluxe I got from @Jakeboy is starting to change my mind… 😌

0D7834FC-BD87-41F5-A2E3-53765FAA6259.jpeg

9540A77E-3BCE-489E-8BCF-A8269D395E46.jpeg

1F78D16C-A250-420F-B73F-B787C77052F1.jpeg

OMG, Daniel! It looks beautiful and I bet the Fender 54s are an upgrade, pickup wise. 
Yeah, that Lovepedal DOES love a Strat!

Hint—run a TS type into the Deluxe as if it were a breaking up amp. 

7 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

OMG, Daniel! It looks beautiful and I bet the Fender 54s are an upgrade, pickup wise. 
Yeah, that Lovepedal DOES love a Strat!

Hint—run a TS type into the Deluxe as if it were a breaking up amp. 

Thanks! So I will keep them Fenders in it for a while… Thanks for the TS tip… I am rebuilding it constantly (who isn‘t?) and I will try to make some room for a HBE Powerscreamer….

8 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

Plays wonderful, great condition for a guitar w/ nearly 30 yrs on its back. Case and candy all in,  great neck wood, and Fender Custom 54 PU set on it, which seems to be a bonus to me. But the original PUs are included - any recommendations (back in or stay with the Fenders)

Congrats!

I should think the stock Duncans would be a good match in the T62 (SSL2's if I remember correctly, they should be Alnico2). I had a love hate relationship with my T62. It played really sweet, and it was light and super comfortable. But it came with Häussels that sounded bright and harsh. I put Antiquities in it. The Texas hot in the bridge. But I could never dial in a tone I was 100% satisfied with. It always lacked body and punch, the way I want a Strat to sound. It sounded a bit too thin. Might have been the smaller body, the ABM trem or just my example of the T62.  Or it's just that they where made for the 90's player in mind, to sound a bit more modern and shred oriented. I want more vintage tone in a Strat than my T62 had.

That was exactly the OTHER guitar I really wanted when I first joined the HFC, the first being some kind of light-colored yellowish (like Aztec gold) Standard.  I love seafoam green too, and the T62 model just intrigued me.  I did end up with a seafoam Daytona so there is that.  Congrats on a great score!

Archived