Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dylan's best lineup?

G Man

The Band was his best lineup. This can never be questioned. 

It looks like Alan Clark on keyboards? Groovy band this for sure!

1 hour ago, Disturber said:

The Band was his best lineup. This can never be questioned. 

It looks like Alan Clark on keyboards? Groovy band this for sure!

I totally agree. Unfortunately, painfully underrated by the usual Dylanologists.

First tones from that album are nearly overwhelming (Jokerman). Tests your speakers meticulously!

There's a strong tension between that ultra-tight rhythm section and those filigrane guitarworks on Infidels.

Could be Alan Clark, he was on the album.

His Rolling Thunder tour featured Mick Ronson and I bet that was good….

In the 80s the Heartbreakers were  his band on a tour and TP loved it. He could be a sideman!

I'd take the Heartbreakers over The Band six days a week and twice on Sunday. Now, I'll go put on my Kevlar vest for the inevitable onslaught of defenses of the late, great Helm (as well as the late Manuel and Danko) and his Canadian comrades. I thought they were OK, but still don't get the fawning and exaggerated adulation.

3 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

I'd take the Heartbreakers over The Band six days a week and twice on Sunday. Now, I'll go put on my Kevlar vest for the inevitable onslaught of defenses of the late, great Helm (as well as the late Manuel and Danko) and his Canadian comrades. I thought they were OK, but still don't get the fawning and exaggerated adulation.

Don’t put on that vest just yet. I’ll take Ol’ Slobberjaws and the Homewreckers ANY day over The Band. 

Archived