Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Guitar You Would Love To Buy But You Could Never Find.

ARM OF HAMER

40 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey~

California dreamin'... On such a winters day~ 🤣

wuzDGmO.jpg

Dear Lord, why? That V would be worth some buck$ today. Maybe a headstock-break/refin?

1975 MIJ Pearl Black "Brand/ same as Pearl drums"  LP Copy "set neck" guitar.

I had one of these as my 1st electric guitar when I started playing in my 1st garage bands.

The Pearl>MXR Dist.+ > Kustom 20 watt solid state amp

VERY 70's punk sounding rig.

The Pearl cost my dad $250 back in '75, which is about $1300 today.

I been looking for a VERY long time, and I still haven't found any Pearl LP's., but to be honest, I haven't looked for one in the past year or so.

As a comparison, my dad bought me my 1st "REAL" guitar in '79, and that was the much LOVED/ LOATHED  '79 Fender Antigua Strat for $425.

In today's money, the Fender Strat would cost $1600 w/ OHSC.

So the guitar is like this,but in Black.

I thought about buying any color and having it painted, but It just wouldn't feel right to me.

ohplfd7l57vkunlxiurg.jpg

3 hours ago, Texsunburst59 said:

I had one of these as my 1st electric guitar when I started playing in my 1st garage bands.

I been looking for a VERY long time, and I still haven't found any Pearl LP's., but to be honest, I haven't looked for one in the past year or so.

As a comparison, my dad bought me my 1st "REAL" guitar in '79, and that was the much LOVED/ LOATHED  '79 Fender Antigua Strat for $425.

I thought about buying any color and having it painted, but It just wouldn't feel right to me.

ohplfd7l57vkunlxiurg.jpg

That is a tough find Skip, the black must be a uncommon finish color for that brand. To be clear about the "Natural" finished Yamaha SA-2000S {Spruce Top} I have never even seen one for sale to buy it as opposed to seeing one and missing out on it. There was a well known Irish Jazz Guitarist who had one for sale,.................... suppose to be one but still unsure if it was the actual "S" model or just a SA2000.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:36 AM, Texsunburst59 said:

ohplfd7l57vkunlxiurg.jpg

A friend bought a black mid70s Pearl a year ago as an instrument for vintage sounds and we compared it to a borrowed LP Custom. I liked his Pearl, so I bought a 1974 Pearl similar to your LP for myself. It seems there are some of them in Germany, they pop up on ebay or ebay Kleinanzeigen Germany sometimes. I wanted a 1974 LP so bad cause its my year of birth but didn't want to pay the price of a Gibson. Right decision IMO.

IMG-20211010-WA0041.jpg

Korina Vector.  I've wanted one since finding this forum a hundred years ago.  At the time, I thought $1500-2000 was way too much for one.  It probably wasn't but I couldn't justify that much back then.  Later I decided 'yes, I can pay that much' but by then they were being listed around $3000 and I passed thinking they would come back down eventually.  When I retired this past March, I decided for my own retirement gift to myself I'd pay up to $3000 for one.  I saw a couple around $3500 and didn't bite.  Now I'm seeing them listed at $6-7000.  My only hope now is to find one that the seller has no idea what they have at a hole in the wall shop, pawn shop, or private seller.  Bummer.

Archived