Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: NOS Hamers in Philadelphia

6 minutes ago, ebradfordrich said:

That scarab would be cool if you could actually see what it looks like in the pics.   Seriously.   Who would think it’s a good idea to photograph a black guitar against a black backdrop?

"...and this is what it looks like at night..."

There was a time that I would not have a black guitar because it would not show up in the dark.  There were too many non-professional photos of friends or touring bands with black instruments that did not show up. 

Today I would love a black Standard or Sunburst.  A black Les Paul Custom would be nice.  Other than those, it would be nicer to have a guitar that can be seen in dim light. 

Wow! Always exciting when someone brings out some NOS Hamers. And those are all nice guitars.

Did Hamer really put Duesenberg pickups in that Newport? I know that they did a lot of 1 offs but this is the 1st time I have seen that option.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:31 AM, Hbom said:

Did Hamer really put Duesenberg pickups in that Newport? I know that they did a lot of 1 offs but this is the 1st time I have seen that option.

Another guitar builder's pickups, I highly doubt it. It would be like putting Gibson pickups in a Hamer at the factory. Stinks like bullshit to me.  I don't believe that's a new guitar. Roxy Guitars in Phili? Hmmm.... Seems like a disproportionate share of BS along that region of the Delaware river LOL.

8 hours ago, ebradfordrich said:

That scarab would be cool if you could actually see what it looks like in the pics.   Seriously.   Who would think it’s a good idea to photograph a black guitar against a black backdrop?

"Computer, enhance, ENHANCE!"

I remember seeing some of those ads a while back. Was eyeballin' a Studio Custom and somebody beat me to it. Then, a couple years ago I picked up a 2008 Trans Black Studio Custom from a seller who claims he picked up a couple NOS Hamers in a big buy/trade deal from this Roxy guy.

3 hours ago, tweed said:

1487743481_IMG_20210614_0800182.jpg.8a7425a76847d190fb973ac672cf30ed.jpgThis is the one from @Travis"Trilogy" post. Not a ding, dent, scratch or finger print on it when I got it. Clean as a whistle ...well, 'till I got my mitts on it. Surprised they still have a few left.

Wow!!! What a beautiful site!!!

43 minutes ago, tomteriffic said:

I wonder what the deal is with the $0 prices on a couple of those.

Probably sold. Just checked their website, only open 2 days a week. If I remember back then, you had to call to verify someone's in the shop. Weird way to run a business. You know, when I think about it, those Hamers look familiar, especially the Scarab and the Studio Custom listed as SOLD. I wonder if it's just an old posting that never got taken down.

23 hours ago, Hbom said:

Nope.

On 10/2/2021 at 5:52 AM, Kalessin said:

Eight Hamer USA guitars seen online at Roxy Guitar in Philadelphia; claiming to be new-old-stock. No affiliation. 

http://www.roxyguitar.com/store/c32/Hamer.html 

The gentleman that purchased my Monaco Bigsby here saved himself about $1K plus tax over the Roxy's asking price. No one ever said I was terribly smart.......

1 hour ago, rugby1970 said:

The gentleman that purchased my Monaco Bigsby here saved himself about $1K plus tax over the Roxy's asking price. No one ever said I was terribly smart.......

Fair outclasses smart any day of the week, T-Shirt man!

Archived