Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Grateful Dead auction at Sotheby's

specialk

Seeing a lot more of this now with many of the older rockers from back in the day knowing their time on the planet is nearing the end.  Smart though as then much of this stuff is gone and the money is in the bank for the family and they don't have to try and figure it all out.

Lot # 5 is like a stroll down memory lane. I had a pair of those flat black Klipsch LaScala speakers as my main stereo pair when I got married. As a compromise with my wife, we sold them and upgraded to a pair of the real deal Klipschorns, custom painted to "blend" into the living room. Sounded incredible, but she still would walk into the living room backwards to avoid having to look at them.

She let out a deep gasp this morning, wondering whether I would submit a bid. Def NOT.

Never mind selling these nasty road cases,  the Dead should market their own brand of Acid...   

I'll bet the conglomerates of Big Acid would probably block that in a heartbeat!     

28 minutes ago, RobB said:

No zingers here, I got nuthin'. Besides, with filthy hippies, the jokes write themselves.

I was in a frat where alot of guys were into the dead... not dirty hippies mind you... but yeah, they liked

to party.    We showed up to our initiation hell night with war paint,  motley crue shout at the devil

was out at the time so maybe I got the idea from that...   Our badassery gained us NO points and probably

made thing worse but later they told us it was cool and every year the new batch did it from then on .  

but yeah some good times and all I got to say,  hide your shit if you had anything stealable near

deadheads... not a state school either so their parents were probably loaded...   WTF...  

With old hippie bands there is something lost on the audiences.  The bands bathe.  They wear clean clothes.  They got haircuts.  The audiences could do the same. 

There used to be, and probably still is, a similar problem with trekkies.  They never saw anyone bathing on Star Trek, so they must have assumed that no one ever bathed or used deodorant in a space ship. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

With old hippie bands there is something lost on the audiences.  The bands bathe.  They wear clean clothes.  They got haircuts.  The audiences could do the same. 

There used to be, and probably still is, a similar problem with trekkies.  They never saw anyone bathing on Star Trek, so they must have assumed that no one ever bathed or used deodorant in a space ship. 

Funniest shit I've read in a long time. Standing on the fucking moon howling!

Archived