Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A Word of Appreciation

Northfield

It has been more than seven years since my new chapter in my life began and it was started here. Shishkov guitars was created. I could not have wished for a better, more informed and dedicated group of followers that share same appreciation for good old craftsmanship and uniqueness that I’m trying to bring to life in every instrument that I create. 
I feel that I need to let the rest of you guys in on what just only a very few people know already.   For the last three and a half years, or so, I’ve had a shadow of a potentially very serious health issue following me. “Potentially”, because till this day doctors with all the numerous  tests and scans  cannot find the cause.  With the right medication it’s somewhat under control but resulted in falling behind on my custom orders and having to temporarily put on hold my new projects. So, In concentrating on getting caught up with my orders I haven’t been able to regularly  post updates here. But there are a few cool things on the way and just around the corner!

I would like to thank all of my current and future customers for being so patient and understanding. Would also like to thank Chris Matthes for all of his help.

And, of course, ALL OF YOU!!!

In a virtual world this is my home 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Northfield said:

It has been more than seven years since my new chapter in my life began and it was started here. Shishkov guitars was created. I could not have wished for a better, more informed and dedicated group of followers that share same appreciation for good old craftsmanship and uniqueness that I’m trying to bring to life in every instrument that I create. 
I feel that I need to let the rest of you guys in on what just only a very few people know already.   For the last three and a half years, or so, I’ve had a shadow of a potentially very serious health issue following me. “Potentially”, because till this day doctors with all the numerous  tests and scans  cannot find the cause.  With the right medication it’s somewhat under control but resulted in falling behind on my custom orders and having to temporarily put on hold my new projects. So, In concentrating on getting caught up with my orders I haven’t been able to regularly  post updates here. But there are a few cool things on the way and just around the corner!

I would like to thank all of my current and future customers for being so patient and understanding. Would also like to thank Chris Matthes for all of his help.

And, of course, ALL OF YOU!!!

In a virtual world this is my home 

Your health is the most important thing. If you don’t take care of yourself, you won’t be able to take care of others. We can wait. Be well. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Travis said:

Your health is the most important thing. If you don’t take care of yourself, you won’t be able to take care of others. We can wait. Be well. 

There‘s nothing but health. Best wishes to you!

• Like 5

THANK YOU!!! The guitars that come from your mind and hands are outstanding. My hope is that you can find a fix for what ails you. I have no order in to be completed but I am sure those who do will be understanding. Keep at it friend. 🤠👍

• Like 3

Mike, I'm sorry to hear this and I hope you'll feel better real soon. It seems like ages ago we came to see you guys but I still remember being so excited about all the new guitars in the making.

So here is to a speedy recovery and all the best to your family....

C. (Shishkov No 80)

• Like 2

Mike, I will be praying for you…several others will no doubt join me. If we can be of service in any way, just ask.

0006 says hi to her creator.

• Like 4

Mike.....All the best wishes to you and hope for a near term and simple solution.

(And that it is something other than an allergy to wood!) 😉

You have made so many people here happy and we are all pulling for you.

Don O

• Like 1

Don't be such a wuss, Mike. Get back to work!

Seriously - what you do has astounded everyone who has been fortunate enough to experience it. I have never - in 50 years - played a better guitar. Take care of yourself. The world needs A LOT more of your artistry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Echoing the sentiments of everyone here on this thread, Mike. Wishing you a return to wellness, however long that takes, and all of the good things that flow from it. 

• Like 1