Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Studio Custom

Might someone here part with a Studio Custom with  a “vintage” — or vintage-ish — neck profile? For me, too thick beats too thin. I would really, really like an ebony board but know that those are hardly common.

Being a classless reprobate, I don’t mind first fret inlays or gold hardware.* (I enjoy both on the Artist Ultimate I purchased earlier this year from a very nice HFC-er who, I later learned, is a really gifted drummer.)

And I don’t mind if minors repairs or a fret job are required because my local tech’s fret work recently elevated my 25th Anniversary from just kinda-OK all the way to Oooh.

Yes, I know there are SCs for sale on the ‘verb but the Hamers I play and cherish most are the ones I have purchased from HFC-ers; so, fingers crossed….

*I have wondered about whether nature or nurture — mutant genetics or a flawed upbringing — is to blame for my appreciating first fret inlays.  My best guess: in the ’90s I performed with pickup horn sections. As rehearsal time was usually scarce, I wrote most charts in “horn keys” like F, Bb and Eb. Thus, my paws spent hundreds of hours onstage knowing that the first fret was likely to be home base. (Then, from 2008-11, the horns were replaced with a string quartet and oh, how I wished I’d had a strong foundation in bluegrass based on the open-string sharp keys, G, D and A, where fiddlers rule.)

Only a flawed, classless mutant would want a first fret inlay…. 😜

But I’m with you on the thicker neck profile. Only neck for me!

Good luck in your search!

I have exactly what you're looking for (well, I have a 1st fret inlay, but otherwise...) and you know what?  It's an awesome guitar, so it's not for sale.  😁  Good luck with your search though, and when you find it, make sure to post lots of pics!  Here are a couple pics of mine to help fuel your gas.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I know where one is for sale in Ohio.  2005 model, amberburst, not a scratch on it.  WCR Fillmore pups.  Belongs to a guy I've known for 50 years.  Vintage carve neck.  PM me if interested.

Many thanks to all who PM-d me!

This afternoon I took custody of a lovely 2004 from GregG's friend who drove all the way from Dayton, OH to Louisville with his lovely wife to bring the SC to my door. (I was happy to offer him a taste of my favorite local Kentucky bourbon, a spirit so fine that a friend in London has it shipped across the pond lest he go without.) 

I posted a query on Tuesday. Tuned the Studio Custom on Thursday. Where else but HFC?

14 minutes ago, Dr. Bear said:

Many thanks to all who PM-d me!

This afternoon I took custody of a lovely 2004 from GregG's friend who drove all the way from Dayton, OH to Louisville with his lovely wife to bring the SC to my door. (I was happy to offer him a taste of my favorite local Kentucky bourbon, a spirit so fine that a friend in London has it shipped across the pond lest he go without.) 

I posted a query on Tuesday. Tuned the Studio Custom on Thursday. Where else but HFC?

Congrats!  Your pictures aren't loading.

Archived