Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guys, I'm Doing It.

LucSulla

On 12/2/2021 at 7:47 AM, Dana_V said:

This should be easy, right?

My next Shishkov is still in the very early stages, so it's extremely unlikely it would be ready before the end of 2022. So there's that.

But.

Sully keeps doing runs of limited-option, reduced-price 622s, and in the last email he hinted that sparkle finishes might be an option. So tempting.

And my long-running itch for an SG Junior keeps getting stronger. I can't afford what I really want - an unmolested white one from the 60s - but the 2019-2021 models look great and are reasonably priced. There are a bunch of them on Reverb or I could get a brand new one from Sweetwater and do no-interest financing over 48 months.

Must. Resist.

You don’t see those too often.
631577A9-A98B-435F-B358-C9908CBDF1CD.jpeg

My loose plan for next year in addition to buying nothing, to also sell at least 50% of my remaining guitars, 90% of my pedals and amps, and most all the pieces and parts I've got laying around.

Wife and I are within ten years of going full redneck and going full time in the RV for 3+ years so at most I'll have room for one each electric, acoustic, and banjo.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Wife and I are within ten years of going full redneck and going full time in the RV for 3+ years so at most I'll have room for one each electric, acoustic, and banjo.

Don't forget the Dobro.  If you're living in an RV, you'll need a Dobro.  And a mandolin for bluegrass jams, since you'll have the acoustic and the banjo already.

3 hours ago, cynic said:

My loose plan for next year in addition to buying nothing, to also sell at least 50% of my remaining guitars, 90% of my pedals and amps, and most all the pieces and parts I've got laying around.

I feel like your plan might have a deleterious impact on my plan. 

I haven't bought any guitars since Shishkov 0091, and haven't wanted to play anything else.  Even 0033.  Then I notice that and play 0033 for a few shit-eating grin days, then it's back to 0091 and it feels like a long-lost-love reunion.  I'm telling you, I'm completely spoiled for other guitars.  

I just sold my only "spare" amp, I'm down to the 15-yr-old Fargen (which really doesn't need any company at all) and the Frenzel Deluxe 5:25 which stays at the practice space.  The GAS that remains is for great front-end dirt and fuzz.  But even that jones has gotten pretty saturated, haven't changed up the board in months.  On the Kingsley and Cornish waitlists tho. 🙄

Archived