Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Source for knobs for Hamer Studio Custom - any opinions?

BruceM

I posted awhile ago about two of my knobs splitting in two on my Hamer Studio Custom.  I want to buy replacements, and I'm too lazy (and ignorant) to do the research on what type of knobs I need.  I know there's lots of people here that would know.  Anyone?

I'm thinking I want amber speed knobs.

Here's some pics of the guitar, with the lone knob remaining, and one from a few years back. 

I purchased this guitar from jisham, in 2003, I believe, after he had proclaimed it a take-it-to-the-grave guitar. haha.  It's got the checkerboard case, as well.

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

studio-amberburst.jpg

• BruceM changed the title to Source for knobs for Hamer Studio Custom - any opinions?

Well, as always, the HFC rules.  Mr. veatch stopped by tonight to hand-deliver speed knobs for my Studio.  Now that's service.  He happened by on a night when a few of the 4-3-2-1 All-stars were helping me celebrate my brother's birthday.  Here's a pic of Jef in a classic 4-3-2-1 pose, modeling the Studio with the brand new speed knobs. Thank you, veatch!!

JeffStudioSpeedKnobs.jpg

And here's Sir Dan, modeling Jef's Shiskov.  I got to play this one too.  What a sweet guitar!

The 4-3-2-1 Club is coming back to life.  It's been long two years since the last HFC jam.  The frozen jam is coming right up!

DanShiskov.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to know for certain which knob you need is to count the number of splines on the pot shaft. Fine knurl have 24 splines. Coarse knurl have 18. Just eyeballing the photos at the start of this thread, they look like coarse knurl to me. The slot cut down the middle may actually end up removing a couple of the knurls, so if you count 16 (8 on each half) it's still a coarse, of course.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:15 PM, BruceM said:

The 4-3-2-1 Club is coming back to life.  It's been long two years since the last HFC jam.  The frozen jam is coming right up!

Hmmm.  @MCChris, up for a road trip?

Archived