Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HFC Shishkov Pickup Special 2021!

With a recently completed Shishkov Guitars USA batch run of the standard pickup models and a small fleet of cool custom customer builds too, I always end up with a bunch of extra parts and I do this purposefully so that 1: I can meet the next tier of discount in a big quantity purchase. And 2: So that I can pass along the discount specifically for my HFC brethren with yet another HFC Special offering. I’ve done this for almost 6 years now I think, which is incredible! Thank you.

I can do 5 sets of Shishkov-specific models with 49.2mm neck / 50mm bridge. Your choice of bobbin color and output lead style.

ULT/Shlabotnik Set: An idealized Alnico 2 PAF variant in the Low/Middle output range: 7.5k neck and 8.7k bridge, designed to put forth a huge range of tones in a warmer, more classic and vintage manner.

Charlotte Set: 7.7k Alnico 2 neck, 10.9k Unoriented A5 bridge, built and wound to a Medium/Spicy contemporary modern specification, but with the soul of PAF. There’s pretty much nothing these pickups can’t do, as heard/seen in HFCs own Geoff Waldrons (zenmindbeginner) incredible Shishkov product showcase video here:

$230/set USPS Priority Mail in the USA included. If you are overseas, contact me for the actual shipping rate. If you want premium Nashville USA-made covers on these please add $30.00.

$230/set No Covers

$260/set Covered

I can offer 3 single individual bridge pickups also. 50mm, A2 or UA5, output leads are up to you. $120 each, shipped.

5 sets, 3 singles! Send a message here to claim your set! PayPal or Bank Money Order. Questions or requests for Custom? Get in touch and let's work together to create something exactly perfect.

SPHB2 (2).JPG

DSC04345.JPG

DSC05011.JPG

DSC04075.JPG

Charlottes' for me, Josh! 4 conductor, non-relic nickel covers.  Thanks, -Rich

Paypal done. 💸

Edit: Oh and standard Hamer zebra & cream setup. Leave covers off for now.

2 hours ago, topekatj said:

Hey @JGravelin: I am curious about the unoriented A5 magnet in the Charlotte bridge pickup — what impact does this design feature yield? Thanks 

Specific to the wire used, turn-count and how I wind my coils, and the types of steel I chose to use to create the magnetic circuit: tighter bass, more linear through the mids to high treble, slightly warmer with less of a frequency spike at the very top end, and a strong output gain level that matches up perfectly with an Alnico 2-based neck humbucker. Also, the coil-spit sounds are much more pleasant and less "spitty" than what a normal A5 imparts.

Normal A5 in the Charlotte bridge sounds excellent too but in terms of overall cohesiveness, UA5 mates better with the neck A2 hb.

If you'd like to discuss further, hit me up with a private message. :)

Y'all are too much! I love it.

5 sets turned into 6 overnite while I was asleep due to some crafty HFC'ers hammering my PayPal. Ha! Ok fine, then - have it your way. Let's make it an even 10 sets I'll make at these sweet prices: i just need a few more 49.2mm neck position frames which I'll add to my order since I need a bunch of nickel covers too.

4 sets remain unclaimed. 2 50mm bridge pickups left also.

C'mon! ♥

3 hours ago, JGravelin said:

Y'all are too much! I love it.

5 sets turned into 6 overnite while I was asleep due to some crafty HFC'ers hammering my PayPal. Ha! Ok fine, then - have it your way. Let's make it an even 10 sets I'll make at these sweet prices: i just need a few more 49.2mm neck position frames which I'll add to my order since I need a bunch of nickel covers too.

4 sets remain unclaimed. 2 50mm bridge pickups left also.

C'mon! ♥

This is awesome!

I’d bite but am already filled up with Josh’s pickups. Will have to save up for the next sale and grab a set of Charlotte PUs for my Studio Custom…. or do I really want to swap out the Ultimates?

The Shlabotnic's love Hog, with or without a maple cap. I had a set in a Studio, sold that and put them in my road worn Special. Guy's have actually giggled when they've played the Shlabot Special... fun guitar!!!

Ok guys, not trying to be greedy here, but since I haven’t seen any other requests-I would like to order a second set. 
This way I have both to enjoy/compare. 

This time I would like; Shlabotnik set, Zebra neck, Creamy bridge, single conductor output leads. 

I’ll send payment as soon as I know you’re good with this request . 

Thanks!

The uncovered sets will be going out either tomorrow or Thursday so to those that purchased, expect tracking #s soon. For those that ordered covered sets, I'm still awaiting the delivery of said covers and am finishing up on your sets in this short interim. Delivery is expected on Thurs or Friday at the latest; as soon as I get them, YOU get them!

I've got 6 pickups in line for repair as well as a small batch of high dollar PAF reproductions for another small builder on my bench too right now so I am busting a$$ and plugging away over here. If you have any questions, please get in touch. I am paying attention and am here for my HFC friends, as always. ♥

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

It doesn't look like he's posted anything for a couple weeks. I PM'd him the other day, just to check in and I haven't heard back. I'm in no particular hurry for my pickups, but I'm hoping everything is alright.

Agreed

Archived