Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD - EBMM Axis in Dealer Exclusive "Diablo Blue" - Can you say Case Candy?

I put this on order back in late March. DuBaldo music in CT had done a previous run of this color, which was made just for them. They even got to go to the factory and pick out everything, and the best part is definitely the awesome "Diablo Blue" stain. Pete DuBaldo apparently has people mix up his name with "Diablo", so they chose that for the name of the color. It's the same as a standard Axis, except it's got an Ebony Fretboard and stainless steel frets, aside from the paint color. It came with a bunch of case candy from EBMM and from the dealer. I got to choose which one I wanted, and I went for this one because the top was interesting as hell. It never looks the same twice. It's so active and flip/floppy. I know some love the perfect "pillow cloud quilt". Not me.

As for the important thing, it is out of the box one of the most playable guitars I have ever touched. The neck is perfect. The frets are perfect. It plays like butter.  And it SOUNDS incredible through my Tremoverb. It came with .009s, so I will keep those for now. The floyd is decked, EVH style, which I also like. It bombs very nicely. I'll be putting on some EBMM super locks in the next few days, and really taking it through its paces on the Tremoverb.

DiabloCase.jpg

1e09-Ernie-Ball-Music-Man-Axis-Diablo-Blue-Quilt-H00921-7-0-1-1000x1000.jpg

8f63-Ernie-Ball-Music-Man-Axis-Diablo-Blue-Quilt-H00921-10-0-1-1000x1000.jpg

75db-Ernie-Ball-Music-Man-Axis-Diablo-Blue-Quilt-H00921-1-0-1-1000x1000.jpg

998d-Ernie-Ball-Music-Man-Axis-Diablo-Blue-Quilt-H00921-17-0-1-1000x1000.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kurt L said:

Damn, that's nice! I have limited experience with EBMM but I hope you enjoy that one as much as I enjoy my Albert Lee! 

The Albert Lee is a great guitar! I almost picked up an Albert Lee HH, which has the same custom wound pickups that the Axis does. They are the pickups that Dimarzio, EBMM, and EVH developed for the EBMM EVH guitars, which then became the Axis. They are phenomenal pickups.

9 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

The Albert Lee is a great guitar! I almost picked up an Albert Lee HH, which has the same custom wound pickups that the Axis does. They are the pickups that Dimarzio, EBMM, and EVH developed for the EBMM EVH guitars, which then became the Axis. They are phenomenal pickups.

You know, I had an Albert Lee HH for a while, too - the one with the all rosewood neck. I liked it but didn't love it like I do the SSS version. It's become my favorite Strat.

I picked up the HH cheap and swapped it for a killer Fulton-Webb amp. (One of the best Craigslist trades ever!)   

Albert Lees.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

On 12/7/2021 at 11:15 AM, RobB said:

Very beauty guitar, tbone! Nicest Axis I’ve seen to date. 

It is incredible. The other 3 from this run are also stunning, each in their own way. I don't know how many total they ordered.

Archived