Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I suddenly lost my tinnitus. UPDATE!

I lost almost all hearing in my right ear.  Persistent ringing. Progressively worse for years.   I didn’t see a doc.  Should’ve - my sister and brother are MDs so I know better.  Finally went in.  Doc took a tool that looked like dental pick and scraped away inside my ear.   He pulls out a chunk of compacted wax.  Dang it if I heard fine out of that ear.   No ringing. Glad I saw the doc.  YMMV

54 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

I lost almost all hearing in my right ear.  Persistent ringing. Progressively worse for years.   I didn’t see a doc.  Should’ve - my sister and brother are MDs so I know better.  Finally went in.  Doc took a tool that looked like dental pick and scraped away inside my ear.   He pulls out a chunk of compacted wax.  Dang it if I heard fine out of that ear.   No ringing. Glad I saw the doc.  YMMV

I'm planning on it soon as things settle down a bit. I don't have a doctor so I will need to start with the yellow pages I guess.

31 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I have no clue what is going on here but am happy for it. 

I tell ya, it's your body's positive response/healing to your sobriety... "Inflammation"

This is my doctor face 🥸

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

I tell ya, it's your body's positive response/healing to your sobriety... "Inflammation"

This is my doctor face 🥸

image.gif

8 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Stay positive, eat healthy & exercise... now go out and get somebody pregnant..

"said in my best Stacy Morgan voice" 🤣

:lol: I don't know who Stacy Morgan is but I substituted Morgan Freeman's voice and it worked. 

image.jpeg

Who you callin’ STACEY?!

On 1/1/2022 at 6:50 AM, Ting Ho Dung said:

Woke up this morning at 5 with roughly 6 hours sleep. Tinnitus if barely detectable. I have no clue what is going on here but am happy for it. 

For what its worth, I've figured out that my blood pressure is always A LOT higher when I'm short on sleep.

I feel the pain on the one ear hearing loss. My own isn't a mystery: I managed to have a welding spark go straight through the eardrum and into the nerve (according to the ENT doc). They gave me some steroids to try and fix things, and I came away with about 30% loss over 1k compared to my other ear (which was around 10% better than the baseline for my age group). That was around ten years ago and I am finally used to it. 

Archived