Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS - 1996 EBMM Silhouette Special

$950 PPal Gift Shipped CONUS 

It's a bit of an odd duck.  

From the factory, it came with a six-point Wilkinson bridge but also has Schaller locking tuners.  This came at a time where EBMM was switching over hardware, so I suppose they already had moved from the Grovers but not yet from the Wilkinson stuff, as there are no screw holes to indicate these Schallers being a mod.  

What is modded is the pickups.  The neck is a DiMarzio HS-3.  Middle is a Rio Grande Vintage Tall Boy.  The bridge is some kind of Gibson USA.  Resistance reads 9.5K ohms, which isn't exactly any of Gibson's spec stuff.  My best guess is that it is a hot Gibson '57 Classic+.   While this is a weird combo for pickups, whoever did this must have been a genius because it sounds fantastic.  They also disabled the 9v, hum canceling circuit.  

The tone knob currently isn't functional, but the pot still works. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_124e.jpg

H96dVtStRu2ZnNl4qFVMYA_thumb_124c.jpg

MTGClCWRToyoH8IVUMzWKQ_thumb_1249.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1251.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1250.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_124f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_124a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_124d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_124b.jpg

keYeQmWGT%CjAJIJRLcNmw_thumb_1252.jpg

• LucSulla changed the title to FS - 1996 EBMM Silhouette Special

That is such a cool guitar! GLWTS. I have been intrigued by those since seeing Keith and Ronnie playing their new ones on the 1981 Tattoo You tour…,,

12 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

That is such a cool guitar! GLWTS. I have been intrigued by those since seeing Keith and Ronnie playing their new ones on the 1981 Tattoo You tour…,,

In some ways they got better. I had one from 89? Then a couple of newer ones. The newer ones feel great, the necks are super comfy, most are light, and sound warm and airy. 

Ever notice how different brands have totally different weirdos that like them, lol?   Somebody is trying to lecture me about the tuners on Reverb right now.  I'm like, "Man, I don't know.  The guitar is 25 years old, I see no additional holes, and EBMM said it's possible that it has the Wilkinson/Schaller combo. No, I'm not taking the tuners off."

On 12/24/2021 at 11:34 AM, LucSulla said:

Ever notice how different brands have totally different weirdos that like them, lol?   Somebody is trying to lecture me about the tuners on Reverb right now.  I'm like, "Man, I don't know.  The guitar is 25 years old, I see no additional holes, and EBMM said it's possible that it has the Wilkinson/Schaller combo. No, I'm not taking the tuners off."

You have hung out here right? 

PS: Its a great looking guitar at a great price. 

4 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

You have hung out here right? 

PS: Its a great looking guitar at a great price. 

Your explanation about the tuning keys looking aligned differently than factory EBMM made a lot more sense than the dude on Reverb saying, "They appear to be through the hole crooked."

It's actually a great example of a guitar that is pretty all over the place because someone has played the crap out of it.  If EBMM necks didn't make my damn thumb hurt so bad after a set, there's no way I'd sell it.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:34 AM, LucSulla said:

Yup.  Also when yours is the cheapest on Reverb people still freak out about it not being mint/original.  If that’s what you want pony up motherlickas.  

4 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

FYI: that bridge can easily be replaced with the same one, or probably any 6 screw strat type bridge.

I can't imagine why anyone would, to be honest, other than tweaking and personalization are fun in and of themselves.  Functionally, it's as wiggly as anything else and holds tune fine.

Archived