Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Opinion please 81 Black Special

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was bidding but I didn't go that high. Who ever got it I hope it is all original and in great condition. 

Anyway if someone got it please let us know how it turned out.

Somebody got a really good deal.

I was watching and had talked to the seller about picking it up when it was at $1k, but, ultimately decided not to go after it as I promised myself no more new guitars in 2021....no matter what....also it was black and I'm less interest on that.

As is, at $1,278 w/ no shipping, if the bridge pickup was original that was a deal considering its seemingly very good condition.  But, yes, a bit of a gamble since the seller didn't have much info.

Let's see if the buyer was a player or flipper and see if shows up on Reverb for about $1,800....

I'll be picking this one up in Madison today. I'm passing through on the way to Green Bay.  Full details when I'm back home on Monday.

Hoping for a medium or bigger neck.  If it's a pencil, I'll list it on Reverb for $2,500. 🤑😉🤥

2 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

I'll be picking this one up in Madison today. I'm passing through on the way to Green Bay.  Full details when I'm back home on Monday.

Hoping for a medium or bigger neck.  If it's a pencil, I'll list it on Reverb for $2,500. 🤑😉🤥

I guess there is no respect for other people who ask an opinion and state they're bidding on the guitar.

Good to know going forward.

Your name suits you.

"Badger don't care" lol.

M

4 minutes ago, Ham Rex said:

I guess there is no respect for other people who ask an opinion and state they're bidding on the guitar.

This has never been a thing here.
Did you think you were "calling it," like you were calling Shotgun?

37 minutes ago, Ham Rex said:

I you wants to play, you gots to pay.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:12 PM, Ham Rex said:

Does anyone have an opinion of what a realistic fair price for it would be?

On 12/26/2021 at 10:31 PM, hamerhead said:

$1200-$1500 is the ballpark.

On 12/28/2021 at 9:32 PM, hamerhead said:

Sold for $1278 + $100 shipping.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:54 AM, Ham Rex said:

I was bidding but I didn't go that high.

1 hour ago, Ham Rex said:

Your name suits you.

"Badger don't care" lol.

M

Kind of harsh dude. It was an auction. An auction you posted here for all to see. You asked for an opinion of the value but stopped bidding hundreds of dollars below the top estimate. You bid as much as you thought it was worth. So did Dave.

I never understood people posting links to auctions they were interested in. Just seems counterproductive...

3 hours ago, Ham Rex said:

Your name suits you.

"Badger don't care" lol.

M

I didn't realize I was bidding against other Club Members.

I apologize about my statements. 

I was wrong to say anything.

It's my fault for not understanding.

Sorry to everyone I upset.

My bad! 

Would it be better if the highest bidder was a complete stranger? At least with this one you know where it went, that it will likely be well taken care of, and if it becomes available again you'll hear about it first right here.

If you post a link to an auction for a guitar here on the HFC be aware that other members if interested WILL also be bidding on it. Members also let others know  of guitars they may not be interested in but will pass that info on. Even though in this case Badger won the auction that wouldn't exclude any non members from doing the same thing providing they were they highest bidder.

So you guys mean it's a free market out there, and whatever someone is willing to pay Hamer's will sell for?!

I think we're going to have to re-vote on our form of government here, when it's my turn as Executive Officer things are gonna change!

spacer.png

Archived