Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Opinion please 81 Black Special

4 hours ago, topekatj said:

It’s obvious to me that the only reason many ‘non-members’ visit this site is to swoop on PSA listings.

We should dis-member them then, the fiends!

I mean get them off of HFC, not anything else. Probably. Mostly...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't the for sale forum be made private like the Outer Circle?  That way only signed in members could see it?  That would seem to make sense anyways.  

also to the OP, many of us saw that auction on eBay before you posted it here.  We are Hamer addicts.  

5 hours ago, topekatj said:

It’s obvious to me that the only reason many ‘non-members’ visit this site is to swoop on PSA listings.

28 minutes ago, Drew816 said:

We should dis-member them then, the fiends!

I mean get them off of HFC, not anything else. Probably. Mostly...

It would  be disappointing if someone actually joined the HFC, not to be part of the community, but only to grab that 'special deal' and never to be heard from again !     

51 minutes ago, tweed said:

It would  be disappointing if someone actually joined the HFC, not to be part of the community, but only to grab that 'special deal' and never to be heard from again !     

It happens regularly.

At any given time, there are at least 5-6 non-members scanning the pages...mostly the "For Sale" section.  In fact, as I type this, there are 24, non-registered "Guests" viewing the HFC Messageboards.   13 are currently perusing the "For Sale" board.

6 hours ago, topekatj said:

Probably true. But maybe better discussed in another thread. I don't think Ham Rex fits in that group. He's been here a year or so and has way more Hamers than I could fit under my bed. Sounds like a Hamer Fan to me.

Several years ago there was an extended discussion on this forum around a similar topic.  Some members wanted to coordinate eBay bidding on desirable Hamer guitars.  Reverb didn't exist then.  the premise was to determine who among us had the greatest desire for a particular instrument and other members would refrain from bidding.

My opinion then was that this would not only result in non-forum members winning the auctions, it was also a pretty reprehensible way to deprive sellers of a fair value on their sales.  

Ham Rex, I did not interpret "I'm bidding on this guitar" as a directive to avoid bidding.  It just didn't occur to me that anyone would assume that posting a link to an eBay auction was the online equivalent of licking the guitar. 

Sorry if you felt that was a lack of respect.

2 hours ago, Hbom said:

Probably true. But maybe better discussed in another thread. I don't think Ham Rex fits in that group. He's been here a year or so and has way more Hamers than I could fit under my bed. Sounds like a Hamer Fan to me.

I did not mean to imply anything RE this transaction or @Ham Rex other than the fact that it's open season once gear is posted or linked here. I've PSA'd numerous other Hamers and seen them purchased by folks who aren't regulars -- first one w/ the money gets the gear.

At any given time I’m sure several of us “members “ are likely looking for or interested in the “same” piece of gear. Taking into consideration that Hamer USA exist in finite numbers, it’s a bit difficult to let one slip away-especially if you’ve been looking for quite some time. 

38 minutes ago, P Franco said:

At any given time I’m sure several of us “members “ are likely looking for or interested in the “same” piece of gear. Taking into consideration that Hamer USA exist in finite numbers, it’s a bit difficult to let one slip away-especially if you’ve been looking for quite some time. 

So goes my many year standard search.  Someone else has been posting a wtb for an ecstasy for at least 4 years

5 hours ago, Ua D said:

Couldn't the for sale forum be made private like the Outer Circle?  That way only signed in members could see it?  That would seem to make sense anyways.  

If we do that we may as well get rid of the for sale forum altogether.  

Cheap bastards.

6 hours ago, Ua D said:

Locking down the For Sale forum so that fewer people see the guitar you're selling makes sense to you?

I mean so only people signed into the forum can see it, not necessarily supporting members.    Someone has to be signed in to pm or reply to the topic anyways.   There are other outlets to post and sell gear. if I list soemthing here I expect it to will be sold to another forum member.  If I want it to move and it’s not selling here I post it on reverb/craigslist/ other forums. 

7 hours ago, Ua D said:

I mean so only people signed into the forum can see it, not necessarily supporting members.    Someone has to be signed in to pm or reply to the topic anyways.   There are other outlets to post and sell gear. if I list soemthing here I expect it to will be sold to another forum member.  If I want it to move and it’s not selling here I post it on reverb/craigslist/ other forums. 

I guess I just want to get as much for the gear that I'm selling as I can.  I'm funny that way.  

As someone who has been a member here for almost 20 years, I can honestly say this is the best forum on the internet, but it's not the best place to get top dollar for your gear, and that's putting it mildly.  There are some exceptions, of course.  

Badger won the auction by bidding more than the others, and it didn't take much, judging by the final price.  Imagine if only HFCers had seen it.  It would have ushered back The Days of 350!

So far, it looks like original paint and electronics.  Pot codes date to 20th month of 1980.  Photos of the pickups to follow.

W%lwmRKqT7y2ELvJAG7Fhw.jpg

rjf+meOCRJG14Bm+eT8w6A.jpg

38 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I guess I just want to get as much for the gear that I'm selling as I can.  I'm funny that way.  

As someone who has been a member here for almost 20 years, I can honestly say this is the best forum on the internet, but it's not the best place to get top dollar for your gear, and that's putting it mildly.  There are some exceptions, of course.  

Badger won the auction by bidding more than the others, and it didn't take much, judging by the final price.  Imagine if only HFCers had seen it.  It would have ushered back The Days of 350!

I'm surprised this is still a discussion. You post an auction link and on my planet, people then will click the link and then maybe even bid. The HFC are cheep bastids and I don't bother trying to sell here anyway :) so I want everyone on the planet to see what I'm selling.

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

What's the neck like, @BadgerDave?

@kizanski

width @ nut: 1.652"

depth @ 1st fret: 0.825"

depth @ 12th fret: 0.892"

weight: 8.2 lbs

Archived