Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Christmas Gifts Music Related?

rugby1970

Got Willie's book:

Bakersfield Guitars: The Illustrated History by [William G. Moseley, Willie Moseley, Robert L. Shade]

... and an SM58.

Got my wife a Yamaha piano. It's great to see her play again.

We gave my 90-year-old MIL a new stereo. She loves it. And upgraded our own living room A/V receiver and disc player. I get to re-wire that mess....again....

AC/DC stuff... I do NOT collect Funko Pops and frankly, I think they're pretty stupid but I had mentioned I wouldn't mind having the Back In Black set.  It sold out immediately so my wife ran out and found the Angus Young individual one.  They've done about 5 different Angus ones but the only one I really liked was the black uniform/red guitar one and my wife got lucky and happened to choose that one.  Later she found the full BIB set so I ended up with both.

The Classic Rock magazine she got because their fulfillment record on my subscription the last 2 years has been about 30%.  I've had to follow up on almost every issue because they don't send them and even then they rarely come through.  Of course the one pictured with the AC/DC cover was one they missed.  They've been promising it was re-sent for 3 months but I have never gotten it.

I play Malcolm in an AC/DC tribute band and I usually go with the white T-shirt Highway to Hell look.  I had no idea the band would stay together as long as it has so I decided to put some other "looks" together.  I did a second look with a blue Henley/black jeans combo like he had for the Razors Edge tour but I wanted some something even more different.  I saw some very early pics of him with a "No Wuckin' Furries" shirt on but his was white.  I found some online and the only one I liked was the black one with the aged-style letters.  Luckily my wife picked that one too.  Whew!  I'll use that with my red Gretsch MY model for a pre-1977 vibe.  I'm also having a run of Canarsie H.S. Soccer shirts made to sell and I'll keep a couple of those for the Powerage look.

1225211420_HDR.jpg

2 hours ago, Jeff R said:

Tube chart indicates March 1966

No photo description available.

May be an image of guitar

Wow... that is nice !  Great blues rig right there.   Mine is all beat up. No grill cloth, no tolex, don't remember what happened to the speakers.

54 minutes ago, scottcald said:

So, it's relic'd?

Actually, I bought it like that back in the 70's. Well, at least the speakers were intact back then , 'till I pumped 'em through an Ampeg V4 !!  Hey, I was a teen back then, all I knew was Plug and Play.  

Cyclone channel is on the dust devil. I figured why not add the BF channel for just a bit more.

2 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

That’s Awesome! I have a Cyclone that I love. Very curious about the Dust Devil

Archived