Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 2004 Gibson Explorer... in Swamp Ash!

No affiliation.  Have you always dreamed of a Gibson Explorer in Swamp Ash?  I didn't think so, but here is your chance anyway at the "poor man's Standard".

https://reverb.com/item/48629958-gibson-swamp-ash-explorer-limited-edition-2004-satin-natural

cqc5pn373s70wkcqaus1.jpg

7 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Looks like it was made in someone's garage.

Gibson Garage?

That particular wood in natural finish made me think project guitar immediately, too.  It must be that the straight lines are too furniture-like, or maybe such a large body with that wood grain makes one think of a sheet of plywood. 

It is possible the guitar feels great when played.  Trying it out might be fun. 

Just now, bruce919 said:

That is the Mini Sized body as well.  They made them out of Mahogany in solid colors & had Mini Humbuckers about that same time frame. 

I thought the proportions looked wrong, too. 

I could see that one with a @Stike big sparkle refin.  I'd go with this color:

P1140122.jpg

4 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Hold off on the destruction.

$1800 before sales tax for a miniature, vanilla, swamp ash Explorer? A guitar which answers a question nobody asked.
Something is getting smashed against a rock - either the guitar or the seller.  Possibly both.

Honestly, at what group of musicians is this guitar targeted?
An ash Explorer.  

"I want a guitar with gorgeous wood grain, no stain so that it is as plain as possible, but I want it shaped like a fucking lightning bolt so I can stab my bass player in the eye."

Yeah.  That guy.

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

Honestly, at what group of musicians is this guitar targeted?
An ash Explorer.  

"I want a guitar with gorgeous wood grain, no stain so that it is as plain as possible, but I want it shaped like a fucking lightning bolt so I can stab my bass player in the eye."

Yeah.  That guy.

Yup, looks like I'm that guy~ 😏LziGVWm.jpeg

59 minutes ago, topekatj said:

Model name:

ASHTAR!

Definition of "ASHTAR" - what a drunk says when they come out of the bar after dark, usually accompanied by pointing and astonishment.

Archived