Hamer Fan Club Message Center

For the record...

bubs_42

You dick. If I had ordered it right in the first place, these issues wouldn't be happening. But no - I had to try something different. Thanks for rubbing it in.

And yes, my vision is failing...

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

You dick. If I had ordered it right in the first place, these issues wouldn't be happening. But no - I had to try something different. Thanks for rubbing it in.

And yes, my vision is failing...

Your vision was spot on, STOP THE INSANITY! Just STOP. 

9 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

0006 is the only guitar I own that has never been modded.

I hear ya.  There is absolutely NOTHING that needs to be done to improve my Ultimate.

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I hear ya.  There is absolutely NOTHING that needs to be done to improve my Ultimate.

The only thing that would improve old #088 is if there were two of them.

I experimented:

I did 24 frets to push the neck pickup closer to the bridge and thin it out a little. That worked great.

I had a humbucker-sized P90 in the bridge. Too bright with the maple and Sustain Block. Didn't work. Swapped in a Cowpie Custom. Worked great.

Had Mike move the Toggle switch. Worked great. Got a once-in-a-lifetime bad toggle switch. Didn't work. Swapped it out. Now it works great.

Tried faux binding. Worked great. Dropped a f***ing speaker mount on it. Didn't work. AND made me cry.

Tried open-back tuners because I loved 'the look'. Didn't work. Going with regular old standard non-locking tuners. I know that'll work great.

So, the guitar is amazing. Some of the experiments, not so much. And besides losing my sight, I'm pretty sure tinkering with Mike's work has given me an ulcer. I'm hoping to have it fully sorted before my guide dog arrives.

ETA: No, I'm not really going blind. Shawn is just a really big jerk. :lol:

9 hours ago, hamerhead said:

I experimented:

I did 24 frets to push the neck pickup closer to the bridge and thin it out a little. That worked great.

I had a humbucker-sized P90 in the bridge. Too bright with the maple and Sustain Block. Didn't work. Swapped in a Cowpie Custom. Worked great.

Had Mike move the Toggle switch. Worked great. Got a once-in-a-lifetime bad toggle switch. Didn't work. Swapped it out. Now it works great.

Tried faux binding. Worked great. Dropped a f***ing speaker mount on it. Didn't work. AND made me cry.

Tried open-back tuners because I loved 'the look'. Didn't work. Going with regular old standard non-locking tuners. I know that'll work great.

So, the guitar is amazing. Some of the experiments, not so much. And besides losing my sight, I'm pretty sure tinkering with Mike's work has given me an ulcer. I'm hoping to have it fully sorted before my guide dog arrives.

My job here is done. 

On 1/3/2022 at 4:44 PM, hamerhead said:

I experimented:

Any photo of that ? ;)

Archived