Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Irsay guitar collection---did anybody know what he's acquired?

I can't honestly say I previously knew that Mr. Irsay was a collector. Apparently he built his collection in a less-publicized manner, unlike, say Scott Chinery (although IMO Chinery was pretty egalitarian and never went to a "look what I've got" attitude).  What Irsay has is important stuff, however, and he seems to be a pragmatist concerning how he's presenting the items; i.e. his thing doesn't seem to be "look what I've got", either.

https://guitar.com/features/collections/the-greatest-guitar-collection-on-earth/

There was some press about his collection back when the Colts were duking it out against the Pats for the AFC title on a yearly basis. I recall a pic of him cradling an EDS-1275 and figured he must be rather serious to buy one of those. 

“I CAN’T BE PETE TOWNSHEND OR CHRISSIE HYNDE OR WHOEVER BECAUSE THAT’S JUST NOT ME. BUT I CAN BE A CURATOR”

That is a rather curious juxtaposition of names.  

Some years ago, after Irsay bought George Harrison's SG, his guitar handler was on Bob and Tom with it (and telling some great stories about Irsay's buying exploits).  Then-Colts punter Pat McAfee was on the show as well, and they filmed this bit (not the actual Harrison guitar, obviously).

Archived