Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HFC Has Some Great Members

Paul @ptm1diver and I were texting the other day and as an old guy, texting gets to be bothersome. So we went to voice and chatted it up for a couple hours. In the conversation he asked me about my project guitar he had read about. I said I had a few projects and told him about them. One was my new Luna acoustic that could use new tuners and the other is a humbucker Strat needing pickups. Paul said he had a couple new sets of Gravelin pickups and sent me pictures. I didn't know what the sticker abbreviations meant so got on the phone to Josh @JGravelin and we talked for a few hours. After talking with me about what I was trying to achieve he finally suggested I get the second set of pickups which are what he calls Charlotte. They arrived yesterday. I don't believe I've ever seen new pickups before and they are shiney. Included in the package was a brand new set of 3-on-s-side Sperzel locking tuners for my Luna. Thanks Paul for your generosity. I'll be putting these things together in the near future. 

No description available.

Rodi @0054 found out I am restoring an '80s Blitz. Some kid had bastardized it with a Floyd at one point and it just didn't quite work out. I never quite new what the problem with the guitar was, I had given it to the kids, but it was an incorrectly mounted Floyd. There are also truss rod issues so it could need the fretboard opened up but I'm hoping that won't be the case once I fill in the Floyd locking nut holes. Rodi sent me a NOS Sustain Block Bridge to bring the Blitz back to glory. The problem was the great big hole that the Floyd left behind. Not a problem, a friend of mine from Dean, Pat Baker, gave me a huge slab of African mahogany to cut and fit. There's enough there in case I don't make it a perfect fit on the first try. Pat is a great guy and if you are ever in the TampaBay area you can get a tour of the Dean facility with Pat. He lives down the street from me and was kind enough to bring this hog home for me. He's also one of the best guitarists I've gotten to know. Look him up on YouTube if you want to get depressed about your playing ability. As you can imagine, this project is going to take a bit of doing. I have a friend with a pretty good work shop who is going to let me use his space and machines. Thanks Rodi for your generosity. 

No description available.

@stobro and @JGaleeach sent me a set of 6-in-line tuners for a couple necks I have going on as well. Thank you guys for your generosity.

Mark @Jakeboyalso sent me a set of tuners but they are off in USPS lala land. I've filed a missing person's report on them. Thanks Mark. Hopefully they will show up in the mailbox some day. There will always be another neck laying around to put them on.

This is just a few guys here at the HFC who have helped me out. So many of you have helped me in one way or another, many of you probably are not even aware of what you have done for me from just being the kind of you that you are. 

A big thank you, --Ting

8 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Paul @ptm1diver and I were texting the other day and as an old guy, texting gets to be bothersome. So we went to voice and chatted it up for a couple hours.

Dang Ting, you must have a vagina. 😂

Archived