Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Any experts on East Amplification 1x10/1x12 cabinet.

P Franco

Question

479C825E-6FC4-4FEB-9C11-CB0BB3E81A00.png.a7788f30997935dfba4f662a27c64fff.png152DC8E4-F94B-44B0-A1F0-046F1497FA79.jpeg.a7253e271a37b600b72986a39c7b6214.jpegGreetings all,

I recently acquired 1x10/1x12 East Amplification cabinet. The input panel on the rear has 2 quarter inch speaker jacks, I believe both 8 Ohms. 
My question is, which jack do I use if I’m only using one?

I’m deducing that if I were to use both jacks, I’d better be running the amp at 4 ohms. 

Any experts care to chime in?

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, P Franco said:

Greetings all,

I recently acquired 1x10/1x12 East Amplification cabinet. The input panel on the rear has 2 quarter inch speaker jacks, I believe both 8 Ohms. 

I’m deducing that if I were to use both jacks, I’d better be running the amp at 4 ohms. 

Thanks!

It's probably the same input jacks going to the one speaker "parallel" & the other would be a out to another cab... (if you connect 2x8ohm speaker cabs, your amp would see a 4 ohm load)

Oops.  I misunderstood your question... after looking at the cab, it looks like there are 2 separate speakers..  just plug into one & find out which one of the two are active..  you should invest in a cheap multi meter to find out how it's wired 

28 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Oops.  I misunderstood your question... after looking at the cab, it looks like there are 2 separate speakers..  just plug into one & find out which one of the two are active..  you should invest in a cheap multi meter to find out how it's wired 

Well see, that’s my dilemma. I did test both with a multi meter and each one read around 8 ohms respectively.

I plugged in a tiny “Little Smokey” amp into each and got sound out of both speakers each time. 

11 hours ago, P Franco said:

Well see, that’s my dilemma. I did test both with a multi meter and each one read around 8 ohms respectively.

I plugged in a tiny “Little Smokey” amp into each and got sound out of both speakers each time. 

Does the top speaker have spade lugs?.. check again, then remove one lug and see if the reading changes... it sounds like both speakers are 16ohms & wired together in parallel... you can remove the lug on top speaker to check 

50 minutes ago, P Franco said:

479C825E-6FC4-4FEB-9C11-CB0BB3E81A00.png.a7788f30997935dfba4f662a27c64fff.png152DC8E4-F94B-44B0-A1F0-046F1497FA79.jpeg.a7253e271a37b600b72986a39c7b6214.jpegGreetings all,

Thanks!

Email Jeff Bober. [email protected]

I sent him an email a few weeks ago about my Budda SD30 and he responded pretty quickly. No one should know better how the cabs are configured than he does. 

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

Does the top speaker have spade lugs?.. check again, the remove one lug and see if the reading changes... it sounds like both speakers are 16ohms & wired together in parallel... you can remove the lug on top speaker to check 

I will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for the replies!

I e-mailed Jeff Bober (thanks Travis) and he replied same day. 

Jeff stated the cab was originally set up in parallel- 8 Ohms (so either jack works). 
it is a very nice setup, especially paired with my East Amplification Club 18. Speakers are rated 60-70. 
Figured I’d cite the specs for possible future reference. 

Thanks Dave Scepter & Travis & Jeff Bober. 

30 minutes ago, P Franco said:

Jeff stated the cab was originally set up in parallel- 8 Ohms (so either jack works). 

But you already knew that... your question was which input to use for one speaker...🤣

You could modify it with a switch or a 3rd input jack "just for the top speaker" 🔊

But you'd have to remember to switch your amp to 16 ohms... either way, I'm glad you got your answer 🤘

Archived