Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Well damn, this sucks. RIP Burke Shelley

DaveH

My two fav albums of theirs are 'Squawk' and 'Never Turn Your Back On A Friend', from 1972 and 1973 respectively. The riffs are brilliant, and the drumming was definitely a big influence on later metal.

13 minutes ago, DJL said:

The saddest part ? This is the MOST press Shelly and Budgie ever got . Go back and listen to the first 5 albums , they're amazing , fun , and rock like few others did .

D.~

Thankfully they got a chunk o' change from Metallica covering their songs.  Kind of like when Lemmy earned more from writing the lyrics to a few Ozzy songs than Motorhead ever made.

Perhaps the only 'bright' spot ? At least Budgie was around in an era when you could actually make records , and tour . They never sold well , but the recordings are documents to their talent , however overlooked the band was in the end .

I have to admit that I thought I was the only person in the Western States who listened to them . Bust out the riffs to Powered Milk , or Zoom Club at parties .... and just get the blank stares ....

D.~

1 hour ago, DJL said:

I have to admit that I thought I was the only person in the Western States who listened to them . Bust out the riffs to Powered Milk , or Zoom Club at parties .... and just get the blank stares ....

D.~

You got that right. Budgie was a solid 9 on the Richter scale. Especially when you consider it was the early 70’s when they started making albums. Most of my friends just didn’t get it.  

Archived