Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Easiest Way to Resolve Bridge Saddle Burr

LucSulla

Question

Two of my LPs and my Shishkov to some extent have started devouring D strings like it's their job.  Pretty sure that's a sure sign they all have burrs, so I was curious if any of y'all had some easy hacks to resolve them. 

6 answers to this question

Take a que tip and run over it to see if any threads pull off on the "snag". Then take 500 grit sandpaper and wrap it around a popsicle stick, use the thin side and pass it over the snag till it no longer strips off threads from the cotton swap. Be precise and gentle! If that fails slip a short piece of 22ga teflon wire covering down the string to the ball end and position it on the snag spot. That is 100% fix everytime.  

19 hours ago, LucSulla said:

I tried the q-tip tick, and nothing so far.  Maybe I need to raise the tail pieces a bit and relieve some tension.  

Tried top wrapping yet? Billy Gibbons is an extreme bender of lite strings, that's his setup!

14 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Tried top wrapping yet? Billy Gibbons is an extreme bender of lite strings, that's his setup!

I used to do that years ago.  I raised the tailpiece a bit and threw some 11 on.  Made it through a show at least!

Archived