Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TDC - MEATLOAF

Yeah, bloody hell. I remember a C90 cassette I had with Bat out of Hell. I wore out that tape. Must have been early 1980's.

I saw him once at an outdoor gig. It was in 1985 and he had his leg in a big cast that covered the whole leg. I don't remember the gig as anything special. Still cool to have seen him.

Here's a shot from Knebworth in 1985 just prior to the gig I saw. RIP Meatloaf. Legend.

Kneb-85-Meatloaf.jpg

Damn, just heard. Bat out of hell 2 was actually my first exposure to the loaf. Then I went back thru his older stuff. Article I read said no cause of death had been listed but he was 74 and obese his entire life. It was just a matter of time. RIP…

Love him or hate him some of his songs were very good.

Years ago I was with my brother and two of my sisters visiting our parents in Crystal River, FL. When the rents went to bed we all went out to one of the local bars. A sign next to the door actually read "Two teeth minimum" (I shit you not), it was that kind of place. So, we're at the bar just drinking and talking; a lot of locals there and the place was about 3/4 full. Then "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" comes on and a lot of us were singing a bit. Then the Phil Rizzuto part starts and the singing gets louder. All of the female singers in bar move to one side of the bar and the male singers move to the other side of the bar and start the call and response, the "will you love me forever" bit. It was very loud and animated and to be honest, a  hell of a lot of fun. The song finishes and everyone goes back to their original places and acts like nothing happened. Like in a play when an musical number begins and ends and the dialogue resumes like nothing ever happened. F'ing surreal.

4 hours ago, Travis said:

Damn, just heard. Bat out of hell 2 was actually my first exposure to the loaf. Then I went back thru his older stuff. Article I read said no cause of death had been listed but he was 74 and obese his entire life. It was just a matter of time. RIP…

Doesn't matter who you are, or what shape you're in, it's always just a matter of time. 

He was a big baseball fan and coached youth sports.  Pretty cool...    Read a story that Meat said Phil Rizzuto knew exactly what the song was about and wasnt so concerned about the sexual content but mostly wanted to know if it was an album you’d have to get HIGH to enjoy.   Meat said it’s probably better if you don’t get high and he said.  Ok.      Lol.  

On 1/21/2022 at 6:43 AM, princeofdarkness56 said:

First impressions for me was the Rocky Horror Picture Show and then his vocal duty on Ted Nugents Free for All album. 

Yup on Free For All... IMO Nugents best studio album... 

^^^Notice that Nuge's guitar is missing its bridge...

...and this is gonna sound hackneyed, but so what: "Reed 'Em and Weep" is my favorite Meat Loaf song (how did he not have a hit with it when Manilow, of all people, did?)  and my reflex reaction on hearing of his passing was that the title of that song had a new-but-evanescent meaning.

Archived