Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Committing to the Stratocaster

bubs_42

I bought that sonic blue G&L Legacy and just recorded a solo through a new TopHat amp. Man, I have missed a Strat type.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be the most unstrat strat guy. I had that Japanese 80’s Hardtail and played a full rehearsal with it twice. Every Song, and didn’t have to think about where the selector was. That has happened with a Stratocaster twice in my life and the first time the strat was not mine. It was a mistake selling that guitar, but lightning isn’t going to strike twice. Working on more things to unload as I type. 

12 minutes ago, Feynman said:

So we're not doing a Year of the Tele?

I have two tele’s and a third in progress on the bench. I could pretty much only own Telecasters and be Ok. I don’t know why, they were never my first choice, it just happened. 

On 6/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, Feynman said:

Exactly!  Me too - let's do a Year of the Tele.  We can support each other.  I have the Tele and am ready to go on my end.

We're not crazy...they're the ones that're crazy...

I may have a Tele problem these days too.  I was NEVER a Tele guy…I had a Contemporary Tele in the ‘80s, but that might as well have been a Strat, or any other Superstrat guitar.  Then, I played (and bought) a ‘62 Esquire.  Knocked my socks off.  I sold it when I bought a house, but it haunted me.  I didn’t get another Tele until years later when I built a Musikraft Esquire as a tribute to that long gone ‘62.  Out of nowhere, I realize that I’ve got 5 really nice Teles that are getting played regularly, and I have some high-end bodies, necks and parts lying around to build 5 more.  Haven’t touched the Strats in months.  How the hell did THAT happen?

Where do I sign up for the 12-step program?

17 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Where do I sign up for the 12-step program?

You're already enrolled. You just admitted you had a problem. Lol

It's pretty awesome that the Strat commitment thread is now talking about Telecasters. 

I really like the profile of the Eric Johnson Strat. Is there a Tele neck with a similar large V profile? I have a partscaster that would love that neck.

I love and need both but will freely confess all I wanna play right now is that Strat-type Legacy I bought recently. Love the Strat tones and a non-locking vibrato bar.

38 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I love and need both but will freely confess all I wanna play right now is that Strat-type Legacy I bought recently. Love the Strat tones and a non-locking vibrato bar.

Good to hear the Legacy is working out for ya. 😉

Just put the hamer down (per say) and bought a 2009 Highway One Stratocaster.  A long sold 74 ash strat was my first guitar as a teen and I went decades in between. Had forgotten what I was missing. The tone is home.

1.jpg

Teles have some great tones, but they are so damn ugly. Actually, most Fenders look ugly to me except the Strat, Jazz Bass, & P Bass.

Archived