Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'84 Scarab @ Dave's

Just popped up. 

Red/Black Zebra finish, Mahogany body, Rounded shaped Mahogany neck with 10" radius Rosewood fingerboard and the original medium frets, 24.75" scale length, 1 5/8th" nut width, Factory Hamer USA humbucking bridge and neck pickups, 3-way toggle switching with the master volume and tone controls, Kahler locking tremolo and Schaller tuners, 7.4 pounds, With the original hardshell case, Very good

Weight: 7.4 lb

Case: A hardshell case is included.

Scarab '84 – Dave's Guitar Shop (davesguitar.com)

411580C_1800x1800.jpg?v=1643842406

And already gone.  Congrats to the buyer.  That looks like it's in excellent condition.

I remember buying a used USA Scarab at the Minneapolis Mars store for $200.  Metallic blue with OHSC.

Steve makes a fair point...

20 hours ago, JustKid said:

I tried to sell mine in black about 5 years ago for $450...and couldn't. Decided to put it back in the case. Now I'm glad I didn't...have to find it though

5 years ago, I was fighting for money and couldn't afford one.  Now I would love to have one and could pay but not what seems to be the going price.  The timing of my life...  

25 minutes ago, BadgerDave said:

Today the knobs would be worth $200.

I had something with those on it (a Gary Moore Special, maybe?) and almost threw them away. They looked cheap and I didn't know they were factory.

14 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

I had something with those on it (a Gary Moore Special, maybe?) and almost threw them away. They looked cheap and I didn't know they were factory.

How many other people, not Hamer fanatics, had the same idea about getting rid of those knobs? 

Then there are those Hamers that are missing all the hardware and electronics, project guitars, that make you wonder where the parts went.  Why are they not sold with the guitar? 

Those are the very ones.  I had them on my ‘80s Ferrari Red Special.  I thought that was the worst part of the guitar then, but they’re cool to me now.

Archived