Hamer Fan Club Message Center

So what pedal do you guys have/use?

Armitage

1 hour ago, soli'd said:

relevant to this thread- I was just browsing a PG article on readers' boards and saw there was a submission from the HFC's @santellavision.  Very cool board, Ernie!

https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/gear-galleries/custom-pedalboards-pt-2

Cool article. But he mentioned he plays a Heritage…. Heresy!!!  image.gif😂😂😂

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, soli'd said:

I just gulped and read past that part, and focused on the cool 8-stages of gain on the H&K.

I actually just bought the Grandmeister 40. Newer version of the Grandmeister 36. This is the perfect gig amp. 

Many think it's a modeling amp or something. It's all tube EL84 power, just with digital control of the all the knobs. Really good sounding amp. With MIDI, you can have 128 presets. It basically has 4 preamp channels to start with and base your presets from. If you use a bigger MIDI floor controller like a VoodooLab Ground Control, you would be able to name each preset and be ready for anything. The Grandmeister has nice built-in EFXs like Chorus, Delay, Flange, Reverb, Boost, Redbox XLR cab sim, Power Reduction/Soak and more. Plenty good enough for live gigs. 

If you wanted to get crazy programming, you can make presets for each songs, verse, bridge, chorus etc.  How cool it is to be able to go from Sparkly Clean with Reverb to a Crunch Rhythm with Chorus to a Screaming Lead with Delay at one foot switch! I'm using it just as different levels of gain and then some outboard effects.  

• 3 weeks later...

image.jpeg

Sorry for the glare, the stage was quite dark.

Very simple layout, Soul Food comes first, then the Copper V4 preamp (4-wire insertion to the amp's effects loop, adding two channels), then Timmy for lead boost, then Keeley Caverns for delay/reverb, then finally the Corona chorus.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 3:29 PM, HamerHokie said:

image.jpeg

Sorry for the glare, the stage was quite dark.

Very simple layout, Soul Food comes first, then the Copper V4 preamp (4-wire insertion to the amp's effects loop, adding two channels), then Timmy for lead boost, then Keeley Caverns for delay/reverb, then finally the Corona chorus.

Incidentally, I have recently fallen out of love with the Victory V4.  It stopped working during a gig.  Powered up fine but no output to the power amp.  Sending it to NJ for warranty service but still, it's less than a year old.  Will probably get another solid overdrive like the BB Preamp and go to a more conventional setup.

Archived