Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mueller Explorer Sold

Back up for sale. I had to cancel the Ebay sale due to  an incorrect buyer's shipping address. I never could pin down the luthier who made it, but whoever he was, he was extremely skilled. Custom features are a 25 1/2 inch scale and a 1 23/32 nut width. Neck depth .810 at the first fret and .865 at the 12th fret. One-piece mahogany body with maple veneer, three-piece neck with ebony fingerboard and pearl inlays. Excellent condition jumbo frets with binding nibs. Straight neck with sensitive truss rod. Excellent neck angle and alignment, with room to adjust the action as low as you like. Seymour Duncan JB pickup in the bridge and Jazz in the neck. Original Schaller tuners. Weighs a well balanced 9.8 pounds. Comes with a new SKB hardshell case. An excellent playing and sounding guitar! Sold shipped and Paypal included.

DSCF3669.JPG

DSCF3671.JPG

DSCF3673.JPG

7 hours ago, gorch said:

Mueller is pretty much a German name. Any story about it?

According to Google, it is the most common surname in Germany, and means miller, which many Germans changed their name to when they came to the US.

Thanks, I think some immigrants went to Muller since the 128 bit ascii charset does not have umlauts.

What does that mean for the guitar though?

6 hours ago, gorch said:

Thanks, I think some immigrants went to Muller since the 128 bit ascii charset does not have umlauts.

What does that mean for the guitar though?

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the name. I bought the guitar from someone that bought it at an estate sale in the Chicago area. He had no clue to the builder's identity.

I did some research on that one when the OP put it on CL. Closest thing I could find to a mere clue of its provenance was a Chicago-based luthier named Pete Mueller. Might be his handiwork.  Looks nice, regardless

• HarryQ changed the title to Mueller Explorer Back Up For Sale With Price Drop
  • HarryQ changed the title to Mueller Explorer Sold

Archived