Hamer Fan Club Message Center

16 hours ago, burningyen said:

In all seriousness, I hope this isn't the result of some bad news.

All good here, Ben. Sincere thanks for the concern.

That said, as the man used to sing, the thrill is gone.  It has been several years now, and it ain't coming back.
Now these instruments are nothing more than ornaments to me.  
I get about as much use out of these guitars as a big game hunter gets out of a mounted deer head.

19 hours ago, RobB said:

You DICK!

Guilty as charged.

19 hours ago, gorch said:

Two Shishkovs on the wall.

Indeed there are.

18 hours ago, specialk said:

So don't you have any good guitars for sale? 😁

Hey, just whatcha see, pal.

dick-miller-9.jpg

13 hours ago, DaveH said:

How much for the white Heritage?

THAT made me laugh!

9 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

The Epi bird doesn’t display a price. I like it.

$1200.
I hate to say it, but it's a great Firebird.
I know many will roll their eyes after reading this, but there is absolutely zero difference between this Epi and the 1999 Gibson Custom Shop FB-I I had many years ago.  Accuse me of "sales speak" if you want, but I would defy anyone to tell the difference between the two blindfolded.

DSCN8225.JPG

8 hours ago, The Shark said:

He's a curmudgeon.  Don't worry.

Again, guilty as charged.

2 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Beautiful collection, seriously tho you've never changed strings on the Monaco?

Seriously.  Starting to understand the issue here?

Edited by kizanski
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That's a pretty wide variety of great instruments, Mike. I hope the thrill comes back.

....but not 'til after they're all sold.....:P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ebradfordrich said:

Damn.  That’s a hell of a wall.   And I’ll second those Epi Bonamassa ‘birds.   I played one and other than the logo on the headstock I could barely tell a difference with the regular production Gibsons.    

You can easily change the Epiphone to look like a Gibson, it's just a truss rod cover change. I did it on mine! GLWTS!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, santellavision said:

You can easily change the Epiphone to look like a Gibson, it's just a truss rod cover change. I did it on mine! GLWTS!

I scored one last year for an embarrassingly low price from a guy on an Offset Guitars forum.  He pre-ordered it, decided it wasn't a Jazzmaster or a Jaguar and he had zero idea who Joe Bonamassa was/is, so pulled it out of the closet during lockdown and I got it (shipped from Canada) for the same price he paid new.  I had plans of changing everything out on mine, but it's really excellent as-is, and the only thing I've done so far is change to a Faber ultralight compensated stopbar and do the "Ernie" TRC swap...just because.

Super light, great playing and sounding guitar.  I gigged it once, but wouldn't hesitate to take it out again.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, cmatthes said:

All sad comedy stylings notwithstanding, clicking on the images was something I shouldn't have done.  Those are some SPECTACULAR guitars, and a few that might be worth selling a minor body part for, as trades for those would be a ridiculous offer.

Now...about the "acoustic voice"...

I'm pretty sure I can spare one of these kidneys...

17 minutes ago, topekatj said:

Perhaps I missed it but would appreciate seeing a photo of the back (body) of the ‘Ultimate’. Thanks

Yep - you missed it.  No surprise, 0009 was the first to go.
All the photos that I have are accessible via the link, though.

• Thanks 1

A word of advice for anybody who is SERIOUS about buying a Shishkov when it comes up for sale:

Just BUY IT.

You will not get a second chance, and you probably won't have the chance to wait for a response.  Every one has literally sold within minutes or an hour or so of being posted, and there's a long line of people who don't post here who want them.

That being said, there's ANOTHER killer Shishkov DC (#0099) still available, and lots of other cool Hamers and non-Hamers to consider!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cmatthes said:

A word of advice for anybody who is SERIOUS about buying a Shishkov when it comes up for sale:

Just BUY IT.

But, what's the neck caliper measurement at the 8th fret?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, veatch said:

Sometimes I'm a bit dense ...  : )

dual buckers with a wraptail. Somebody save me from myself. Mrs. Veatch is gunna be pissed....

I'll talk to her.  

• Haha 1