Hamer Fan Club Message Center

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

THIS JUST IN:

FUCK REVERB!!

That is all...

The fees just seem to expand.  It's always a let down when you get your net payment.

1 hour ago, Eli said:

The fees just seem to expand.  It's always a let down when you get your net payment.

While that's a problem, it wasn't what prompted me to cancel the listings there.

• Can't get paid directly via PayPal - must get embroiled in their Reverb Payment bullshit.
  • You get paid when the buyer receives the guitar?? Umm... no. Fuck that.
  • They pay you by depositing the money directly into your account. That's another "Umm... no. Fuck that" scenario.

So if you BAMFs can't get your act together, you force me to entertain the entitled wannabe Buffalo Wild Wings Stadium rockers on The Rear Page.

Make me an offer on these guitars.  I won't bite your head off unless you're a fucking Brent about it.

Edited by kizanski
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am just not in a buying situation these days. IF I was, that custom shop Fender would bend my will to try to find a Strat I can actually live with. The icing on the cake......The color and gold anodized guard take me back to the first half way decent guitar I had in the late 60s.....An original DuoSonic.

I have heard great things about those pickups, but have not had a chance to try them.

Why is that one still available?

1 minute ago, django49 said:

Why is that one still available?

See my bullet points above.  

It actually sold this morning, but once I realized the nonsensical assortment of hoops I had to jump through, I refunded the buyer's money.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, django49 said:

I have heard great things about those pickups, but have not had a chance to try them.

The Ancho Poblanos are pretty good, but they're not Dumpo Robustos.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

While that's a problem, it wasn't what prompted me to cancel the listings there.

• Can't get paid directly via PayPal - must get embroiled in their Reverb Payment bullshit.
  • You get paid when the buyer receives the guitar?? Umm... no. Fuck that.
  • They pay you by depositing the money directly into your account. That's another "Umm... no. Fuck that" scenario.

Ebay's the same way nowadays... I started a PayPal account years ago just for "online transactions"... I don't want these fuk'n yahoos tied to my personal bank accounts 😕

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 1

I haven't sold anything on Reverb in over 6 months. Back then,  I was getting payments as soon as I printed a shipping label. 

Sounds like that has changed, which is too bad. : /

That Mon is *still* very tempting. Just can't swing it right now. I guess that makes me a BAMF...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

Ebay's the same way nowadays 😒

Not to mention this crap... a letter from Ebay i just received 

Hi David,

You may have heard about a new tax law that went into effect this year. We believe this new regulation just doesn’t make sense. It creates confusing and unnecessary paperwork for millions of casual sellers on eBay, who will now receive tax forms even when they don’t owe taxes.

To help support our sellers, we’ve been working to put pressure on Congress by bringing our community together to make their voices heard. We need sellers like you to 
speak out today and tell Congress to act in the interest of sellers across the US.

Here’s what’s happening

Companies like eBay are required to report sales to the IRS using a tax form called a 1099-K. Until recently, you would only get a 1099-K if you sold over $20,000, or more than 200 items. Starting this year, new legislation has lowered that threshold to just $600, even if that was from a single sale all year. Where it gets complicated is you’ll get this form even if you don’t owe anything, because not all sales are taxable–for example, if you sell something for less than you paid for it. That means millions of sellers will now get unnecessary tax forms, creating confusion and pointless paperwork–both for the IRS, and for small-time sellers who aren’t set up to deal with it.

Imagine selling an old bike for $800 that cost you $1,500 a few years ago. Since you didn’t make a profit, the IRS doesn’t consider that taxable income. But under this new law, you’re still going to get a 1099-K. And now you’ll have to prove to the IRS that you don’t actually owe any taxes on that sale, which makes for complicated accounting work.

1 hour ago, veatch said:

That Mon is *still* very tempting. Just can't swing it right now. I guess that makes me a BAMF...

Not at all, Jef.  

If you had sent a seller a bunch of emails asking for details about weight, neck size, nut width, and yes acoustic voice, and then made an offer so low that you know the seller wouldn't accept it (and that is the true calling card of the BAMF), then one could call you a BAMF.  

To be clear, a BAMF isn't someone without the means to purchase.  It's someone who doesn't have the means but wastes the seller's time anyway and then tells you about some car repair that just popped up, or makes an unrealistically lowball offer knowing the seller won't accept it.  

Then he buys an Epiphone.  

That's how you become a BAMF.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

...and now that I've posted these guitars for sale on The Rear Page, and I have abandoned all self respect, I figure I might as well drop the prices for good measure.

2019 Custom Shop '59 Stratocaster - $3,050

Fackyo MELOCASTER - $750

2015 Fackyo SCHARTER - $1,400

2012 Fackyo II STRATOBIRD - $1,100

2004 Hamer Monaco - $2,000

2001 Gibson Les Paul Custom - $3,550

How can we sell at prices this low?
VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

So, for the first time in over 20 years, I am sans Hamer.
The end of an era, folks.

The Monaco has sold.

I hope that doesn't mean we won't be seeing your smiling face around anymore. Remember the name is Hamer Fan Club not Hamer Owners Club. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...