Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dolly Parton Bows out of RocknRoll Hall of Fame

I think Dolly's a class act. With that said whomever is running the RnR HOF needs to get a grip. Dolly never had a rock song. But she's done some incredible old school country stuff. 

Definitely a class act.  I worked with her a bit in the 70's and can say that she's very genuine.  Same person whether she's discussing an arrangement, nailing a vocal or being  fabulous on TV.  Much respect on passing on the nomination and, by extension, sticking it up the RRHOF's nose.

I’d buy that damned album on principle, if nothing else!

Dolly is such a cool chick, and a real class act. I’m not a country fan at all, but I took my wife to one of Dolly’s concerts for her birthday a few years ago and I still had fun. She’s a real entertainer and a true performer. 

That's nice.  There are a few other nominees this year who should remove themselves from consideration, not to mention all the ones already there.  If they would voluntarily remove themselves, maybe the R&R HoF could focus on real rock music from here on out.

2 hours ago, tommy p said:

That's nice.  There are a few other nominees this year who should remove themselves from consideration, not to mention all the ones already there.  If they would voluntarily remove themselves, maybe the R&R HoF could focus on real rock music from here on out.

Ah but is real rock music RnR? What is RnR anyway? Is it not just a generic term for most 50s onwards music that our parents kept telling us to "turn that bloody awful nose down!" Maybe RnR HOF need to apply a parent approval rating and only those that are under par get in.

Archived