Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone looking to trade in their house for a guitar

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

A house?  For $218,000?  In this economy?

Look at what "cheap" houses go for.  What should be tens of thousands now bring six figure amounts, but you can find houses for less than $100,000.00. 

A friend who spent/spends half the year on the road as an entertainer once said that if he had to do things over he might build a large garage that can have his motorhome parked inside, and just live in the motorhome.  As expensive as motorhomes can be, they still might be cheaper than a house in some parts of the country. 

If you have to be a snob about wanting to live in low crime areas, having good schools, and plentiful employment opportunities there might be a slightly higher average home price.  ;)

What gets me is that what used to be affordable, nice houses that were small and never meant to be prestigious are now going for hundreds of thousands in trendy towns like Asheville, NC. 

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

A house?  For $218,000?  In this economy?

Seriously. 

I don't know of any house that's sold for that in the last decade!

4 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Look at what "cheap" houses go for.  What should be tens of thousands now bring six figure amounts, but you can find houses for less than $100,000.00. 

A friend who spent/spends half the year on the road as an entertainer once said that if he had to do things over he might build a large garage that can have his motorhome parked inside, and just live in the motorhome.  As expensive as motorhomes can be, they still might be cheaper than a house in some parts of the country. 

Nothing around my neck of the woods for that kind of money, hell my house was $250.000.00 when we bought it....................................11 years ago.

29 minutes ago, santellavision said:

I read recently that Joe B finally did buy a vintage Explorer. He never had one in his collection.

How many bobbleheads and totebags did THAT set him back?

44 minutes ago, santellavision said:

I read recently that Joe B finally did buy a vintage Explorer. He never had one in his collection.

I'll sleep better now.  

So my numbers are a little off, it wasn't really the point.  And you are correct, there is no where remotely livable within several hundred miles of me that would go for anything less than $350k or so.

14 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

If you buy it to play it would it be OK to take the Bigsby off? 

That's assuming there are tailpiece studs under the custom made plate. 

12 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

If you have to be a snob about wanting to live in low crime areas, having good schools, and plentiful employment opportunities there might be a slightly higher average home price.  ;)

What gets me is that what used to be affordable, nice houses that were small and never meant to be prestigious are now going for hundreds of thousands in trendy towns like Asheville, NC. 

We sold our modest 1400 sqft circa 1967 ranch in Durham a little over a year ago for well above asking sight unseen. The Triangle area market has been nuts.

23 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

You guys ain't seen nothin' yet... Try finding anything in Vancouver B.C. (or Toronto) for under 1.2 million. 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:11 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Or in my town, city mice buying perfectly nice small homes on small lots, tearing them down, and having monstroboxes put up - mostly painted in dark colors to camouflage their ugliness and out-of-placeness in the neighborhood. 

Archived