Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD 2010 Talladega custom order

Terrific guitar but I gotta exercise some self-discipline and keep "right sizing" as we move toward relocating to the EU. I got this last year from the original owner up in Connecticut. His dad did finish work at the factory, and made it with a very nice burst (including matching truss rod cover) and tort binding, plus - inexplicably - Duncan Custom Custom pickups in neck and bridge positions.

The usual nice Talladega neck and this one is arrow-straight, low action, no buzzing. Stays in tune for days.  A few small surface scratches and tiny dings, but overall nice shape. Original case is very clean, though some of the vinyl is separating from the wood on the top.

Issues: there two shallow areas running along the bass side of the body, roughly along the binding, that are... like very shallow, broad-bottomed valleys. Not big, but weird and don't seem to be the result of trauma. It's like the lacquer was just thinner there. I can try to photograph them but it's difficult, and I didn't notice until I'd had it a few weeks. The other issue is that on the bass side "waist" there is a fine line, about the thickness of a human hair, of lighter color on the binding. At first I thought it was just a light-colored part of the tort binding because it does vary, but I suspect it's a form of Hameritis, and the glue might not be as strongly glued there. Running a finger over it I cannot feel any separation, so it might be a glue thing under the lacquer. Finally, there is a little surface corrosion on a couple bridge saddles.

I swapped the Customs Customs for a Seth Lover bridge and Phat Cat neck. Still has the CCs in the photos. Sounds absolutely phenomenal, but I'll have the CCs in the case if you have a pair of shredders needing bridge pickups :) Terrific and unique guitar but I seriously need to get down to two electrics, an acoustic, and maybe a bass or our eventual EU move will require a freakin' aircraft carrier to ship a lifetime of stuff.

I wanna just break even with the many hours of cleanup, setup, and new pickups. So $2400 PP gift, shipped in the CONUS. Add 3% for non-PP. I reckon I can do Venmo, too.

SOLD, THANK YOU!

IMG_3331.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_3334.jpeg

IMG_3335.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3341.jpeg

• polara changed the title to SOLD 2010 Talladega custom order

Damn, that was fast…

Congrats to both parties. That’s a killer finish on that one. 

That‘s a really wonderful Tally. Congrats to the new owner.

On 3/30/2022 at 1:49 PM, polara said:

Terrific guitar but I gotta exercise some self-discipline and keep "right sizing" as we move toward relocating to the EU.

Damn, I missed this thread. :-=

Where are you relocating? Are you moving to Sweden?

On 4/8/2022 at 3:04 AM, Disturber said:

Damn, I missed this thread. :-=

Where are you relocating? Are you moving to Sweden?

Definitely on the short list! It's mote a long-term plan... but a guitar a month, a bike a month, some downsizing of furniture, will take us two years to prep :)

Archived