Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD! 1993 Special w/Mojotone Hot Quiet Coil P-90 pickups

Hey HFC folks, 

Tbonesullivan sold me a really cool 1993 Hamer USA Special in candy apple red with gold hardware and OEM Seymour Duncan Hot & Custom P-90 pickups in May 2021. Due to the pandemic, the guitar sat in its case for awhile. I started playing the guitar, decided that the OEM SD pickups were noisy for my usage, bought a set of Mojotone Hot Quiet Coil P-90 pickups, and had them installed. I also had the frets leveled since there were fret issues going on. Still a cool tone and it's much quieter for use in high gain amp settings. No squealing or hum! I finally got to play the guitar at rehearsal and onstage with my AC/DC (Bon Scott era) tribute band, Long Gon Bon! Here's some video from our show that I recorded with a Go Pro camera. 

Dog Eat Dog / Jailbreak

Dirty Deeds/TNT/Shot Down In Flames 

Beating Around The Bush/It's A Long Way To The Top/Down Payment Blues

Guitar George

93special01.jpg

93special02.jpg

Just now, RobB said:

Sounds great, George! Gonna have to drag my raggedy ass out to one of your shows soon. 

Hey RobB! Thanks for the kind words. The next Long Gon Bon show is going to be on Saturday, June 25th @Brittania Arms Cupertino 1087 S. De Anza Blvd. San Jose, CA starting at 9:30pm. 

Guitar George

4 hours ago, tweed said:

Surprised there are still 4x12 cabs still bein' used ! 

Anything less is lame!

Great sounding band you got there @Hamer95USA !!

On 5/5/2022 at 1:26 AM, tweed said:

That Special was SMOKIN' George !!! Surprised there are still 4x12 cabs still bein' used ! 

Hey tweed! Only real 100 watt tube amps & Marshall 4x12 cabs on our stage is allowed! The volume onstage gets loud, but it's awesome, and the club owner let's us do it. That stock Marshall JCM 900 4x12 cab only had 2 Celestion G12T-75 speakers when I bought it from Guitar Showcase in Campbell, CA. I've had different speakers in it over the years. It currently has a quad of Celestion Vintage 30 speakers with a custom made 5 input jack plate that can run mono/stereo/ wet/dry/wet. The amp head is a Rocktron Vendetta 100 watt, 4 channel amp head that I bought from Kurtsstuff from this forum years ago since he was local to me. He had Bruce Egnater, designer of the amp head, mod Ch. 4 to get a hot rodded Marshall tone. 

Guitar George

5 hours ago, Disturber said:

Anything less is lame!

Great sounding band you got there @Hamer95USA !!

I've been there substitute rhythm guitarist for over 10 years. I'm grateful for the opportunities that were given to me and was made a permanent member about 3 years ago. The band has been in existence since 1990 for 30 years with different band member line ups and is the original AC/DC tribute in northern California! 

Guitar George

Archived