Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Special on Reverb - Ed Roman reborn?


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Jim85IROC said:

Everybody has their hobby man.  Crapping on somebody else's interests isn't cool.  One time I saw somebody all decked out in Star Wars stuff from head to toe and made a comment, and my buddy turned and reminded me that I was wearing a Chevy hat, a Camaro shirt and probably had bowtie underwear on.  We all like what we like.

Were you actually dressing up as the car or just proclaiming brand loyalty?  There's a big difference.

Star Wars nerds are the fucking worst.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Were you actually dressing up as the car or just proclaiming brand loyalty?  There's a big difference.

Star Wars nerds are the fucking worst.

drawing arbitrary lines between things that you can personally justify and things that you don't like/understand is something that I try not to do.  I'm not obsessed with star wars or Marvel Comics, but I am obsessed with cars, guitars, guns and RC, and in all cases, I tend to take my interests and hobbies to the extreme, so I'm not going to sit here and judge people who do the same just because it's a different hobby than I'm into. 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Star Wars t-shirt vs. full Yoda costume: two completely different things.
Again, it's the difference between someone wearing a Camaro t-shirt at a car show and dressing up like you're in the fucking Transformers.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A cool Special for sure. I love the grain showing through. The ad copy is just bizarre and as we see in this thread, will turn off some potential buyers. Seems weird to me, but to each their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

A cool Special for sure. I love the grain showing through. The ad copy is just bizarre and as we see in this thread, will turn off some potential buyers. Seems weird to me, but to each their own.

Agreed, the pickup/mounting screw issue is an easy fix..  good score for sure 👌 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 7:23 AM, Jim85IROC said:

drawing arbitrary lines between things that you can personally justify and things that you don't like/understand is something that I try not to do.  I'm not obsessed with star wars or Marvel Comics, but I am obsessed with cars, guitars, guns and RC, and in all cases, I tend to take my interests and hobbies to the extreme, so I'm not going to sit here and judge people who do the same just because it's a different hobby than I'm into. 🤷‍♂️

As someone who shares three out of your four mentioned obsessions and has a few more beside, I get what you're saying, but I do think there's a key here: it's a bad idea to idealize and idolize things. Whether we're talking about super heroes, rock stars, or even a specific model of guitar or firearm, placing things on a pedestal is a mistake and a recipe for disappointment. Of course, I have to make an exception for Hamer: a flawlessly run business that certainly never sold any guitars with major finish flaws... pizza anyone?

Anyway, my point is that one always needs to take their obsession with a grain of salt. I once nearly brought a guy to tears by saying there were only two decent movies in the Star Wars franchise, I've seen literal fist fights over Ford vs Chevy and if I made the mistake of idolizing rock stars, there are a few whose excellent music I would no longer be able to enjoy because they've made such asses of themselves with their public opinions. It's just life, the joke is on all of us.

 

Also, I absolutely love my Special. I have fancier guitars, but that's an absolute rock machine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few surprises, but not bad for the price.  The seller shipped immediately and packed the guitar well.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I would have been pretty frustrated when I found those pickup cavities looking like that, as well as the shitty nut installation, but after I got over it, I would have still kept it, because even with those issues, this was a very well priced guitar.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...