Hamer Fan Club Message Center

AAAANNNDD...new (to me) Amazon BS

I keep items in my Amazon Wish List and check them periodically because the prices fluctuate and when I catch a deal, I buy them.  Recently a CD I wanted was being offered for $6.99 with free shipping from an Amazon seller so I bought it.  I know, I know, what dinosaur still buys CDs these days?  This one.

A few days go by and I had not gotten any shipping notification so I contacted the seller.  I was told that shipping should have been $25.  I told them that was obviously a scam and I did NOT authorize them to get that and I was going to report them.  They said if I did they would not send the CD.  I said "you're already not sending it!!!"  To their credit, I did get a response from Amazon saying they didn't tolerate such shenanigans and if the seller got other complaints they would be removed.  Who does scams like this work on???

17 minutes ago, tommy p said:

They said if I did they would not send the CD.  I said "you're already not sending it!!!"  

So did they end up sending it or was there a refund issued?

6 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

So did they end up sending it or was there a refund issued?

No, they requested that I cancel the order.  I assume so they wouldn't look bad.  I didn't but after a couple of weeks Amazon did it and saying they had no expectation that the order would be shipped.

18 hours ago, tommy p said:

No, they requested that I cancel the order.  I assume so they wouldn't look bad.  I didn't but after a couple of weeks Amazon did it and saying they had no expectation that the order would be shipped.

Obviously, you should have bought a second CD to adjust on shipping fees. But who buys 2 CDs in one shot nowadays? B)

Amazon Ebay and Reverb could all go off the cliff as far as I'm concerned. I sold and bought many high end  items from Ebay and always felt "SAFE", never had a issue with either buying or selling.................but that was long, long ago now way too many horror stories out there.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:57 PM, tommy p said:

I keep items in my Amazon Wish List and check them periodically because the prices fluctuate and when I catch a deal, I buy them.  Recently a CD I wanted was being offered for $6.99 with free shipping from an Amazon seller so I bought it.  I know, I know, what dinosaur still buys CDs these days?  This one.

I do. Usually from Amazon. And I will keep buying them as long as they are making 'em. It's a good format. 

As I am in the EU, and there are a lot of Amazon's in EU, (German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish etc) I sometimes scan them for best offers. I found a CD box on Amazon Spain at a stellar price that was almost double the price on Amazon Germany. Weird. I used to buy almost only from Amazon UK, but as the f*ckers left the Union I have to pay customs. So no more ordering from them. 

A friend told me just recently that Tower Records are still around on Ireland, within the EU. So I will try to order some vinyl from them at some point. Got to support record stores. https://www.towerrecords.ie/

Personally,  I would let the guy out of the deal,  and I typically have no patience for people who are lazy and

don't correct their ads,   but I don't think it's fair to make him eat it.   $25 is probably bs, but can't imagine he's

making anything on this.      and you made a complaint so maybe he'll update his ads.    

Archived