Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer in Durham NC

• stedge changed the title to Hamer in Durham NC

Elduave and I were just in Durham yesterday, and had planned to stop into SoundPure, but we were having too much fun at Chez Stike and blew it off.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Elduave and I were just in Durham yesterday, and had planned to stop into SoundPure, but we were having too much fun at Chez Stike and blew it off.

Doo-ruhm has changed quite a bit over the last 30 years, eh? 

I usually get down there a few times a year, but it definitely has changed since I lived in Winston in the ‘80s!

3 hours ago, topekatj said:

Hamer had some outstanding maple in the mid-‘90’s. This instrument looks to be a ‘96. Unfortunately I just cannot abide the truss rod cover design that was in use at the time — looks like an import.

You DO know you can change it...

21 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Doo-ruhm has changed quite a bit over the last 30 years, eh? 

Pronounced "Durm" by the old timers. 

The sweet spot was in the very early years of its post hipster phase and now it's just full on tech/start up bros and luxury apartment complexes. I definitely prefer my current rural digs.

I saw that Hamer in person a couple weeks ago, very nice.

12 hours ago, cmatthes said:

You DO know you can change it...

True, do the holes for the later TRC's line up? There's still that black [lubritrak?] nut however 👎

11 hours ago, scottcald said:

Or just leave it off, or put a String Butler on it. 😆

No butler, no way!

43 minutes ago, topekatj said:

True, do the holes for the later TRC's line up? There's still that black [lubritrak?] nut however 👎

No butler, no way!

I'm sure it depends on the particular vintage, but I remember replacing the TRC on the custom Standard I ordered in '90 and the early "95 Reissue" I bought with bell TRCs as soon as I got them.

Archived