Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Kirk Hammett messes up on stage, big time!

• HamerCustomEr changed the title to Kirk Hammett messes up on stage, big time!
2 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Now, if he had stayed on his back and had a roadie help him up Spinal Tap style, that might have been even better.

I actually saw that at a Led Zepplin concert... 2 roadies had to hold up a very drunk Jimmy Page while playing 

29 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Now, if he had stayed on his back and had a roadie help him up Spinal Tap style, that might have been even better.

But if he stayed on his back, who would work the wah pedal for 90% of his solos ?   😁

I've heard way worse from well established bands. Cool that he's playing Greenie. 

12 minutes ago, Disturber said:

Cool that he's playing Greenie. 

I'm kinda torn about this.  I'm happy it's being played, just not thrilled that it's him playing it.

Joan Jett played Eric Carmen's guitar on stage for years.  Marty Stuart plays Clarence White's guitar.  Dave Murray played Paul Kossoff's guitar, and I think he even modified it.  If you see the Allman Betts Band you will see them playing instruments that belong(ed) to Gregg Allman, Dickey Betts, and Berry Oakley. 

I'd like to ad: this thread is another example of how f*cking sad it is that people is filming concerts.

Do you remember the "before smartphone" times? That is when stuff that happened on stage became legendary through word of mouth.

Are we as players even becoming afraid of going on stage due to the fact that we could be filmed and outed on social media if we played a wrong note? It's insane.

Insane are many critics. Normal is human imperfection. As it concerns, whether filmed or not, I prefer a wrong note or song restart before slippery polished cold shows. The real gem allows messing up and overcomes it with audience interaction. That makes live concerts separate from each other. Great to see that in the video, IMHO.

22 hours ago, Disturber said:

Do you remember the "before smartphone" times? That is when stuff that happened on stage became legendary through word of mouth.

Of course. Shows were rad because concertgoers (mostly) paid attention. Now? “Hey! Check out my contrast-y, blown-out cellphone video with distorted audio! I filmed it myself, just a few seconds ago…”

On 6/3/2022 at 12:15 AM, Disturber said:

I'd like to ad: this thread is another example of how f*cking sad it is that people is filming concerts.

Are we as players even becoming afraid of going on stage due to the fact that we could be filmed and outed on social media if we played a wrong note? It's insane.

I know that the Grateful Dead are not popular here at HFC, but they allowed taping of their shows since the early 1970s.  

"Hey, you down there with the mike," Grateful Dead guitarist Bob Weir calls from the stage. A reprimand in the making? "If you want to get a decent recording, you gotta move back about 40 feet."

"It sounds a lot better back there," chimes in bassist Phil Lesh.

It is August 1971, about the time that live taping of The Grateful Dead began to take root. The Dead are playing the second of two nights at the Hollywood Palladium. And yes, these are words of encouragement — musicians advising their audience where best to record their concert. How do we know it happened? Why, it's all on tape, of course.

from https://www.deadsound.app/blog/grateful-tapers-an-informal-history-of-taping-the-grateful-dead/

Archived